What to do????

Alright so to start off there is a seasonal employee who is being favored by the station manager as well as the regional manager. It's causing concern for non-seasonal and seasonal employees alike. The person being favored was recently told that they would be receiving a permanent full-time position after said managers figured out who to release to open the position for the employee. Where should one report this since station manager and regional manager are involved???

Box Ox

Talk to your steward and/or your union local's business agent. Mine had to straighten out management when they botched the hiring ratio at one point.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Alright so to start off there is a seasonal employee who is being favored by the station manager as well as the regional manager. It's causing concern for non-seasonal and seasonal employees alike. The person being favored was recently told that they would be receiving a permanent full-time position after said managers figured out who to release to open the position for the employee. Where should one report this since station manager and regional manager are involved???

Let me get this straight.

Seasonal employee, who's only hope of sticking around here is to impress his management team, IMPRESSES his management team.
Unless the released employee was wrongly released, you are out of luck.
Plus, UPS can hire ANYONE (drivers 6-1 hire ratio) they want to and give them a job. He may not have friends there anymore but he has a job.

Your union officials can only help the released employee, not hand out tissues to your workgroup.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Talk to your steward and/or your union local's business agent. Mine had to straighten out management when they botched the hiring ratio at one point.

That's for drivers, not inside employees.
The OP worded the post strangely by not using the word "driver"

Let me get this straight.

Seasonal employee, who's only hope of sticking around here is to impress his management team, IMPRESSES his management team.
Unless the released employee was wrongly released, you are out of luck.
Plus, UPS can hire ANYONE (drivers 6-1 hire ratio) they want to and give them a job. He may not have friends there anymore but he has a job.

Your union officials can only help the released employee, not hand out tissues to your workgroup.

Actually wouldn't care so much if it was a he but it's a she and it's not a driver position but a station position.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Actually wouldn't care so much if it was a he but it's a she and it's not a driver position but a station position.

A) Are you from the U.S. ?
B) What is a station manager, let alone a station position ?
C) Is this a union employee position ?
D) It doesn't matter if it's a he or she, but are you inferring she is using her looks to receive this job ?
E) Have they fired the person yet that she is taking over ?

By The Book

Unless they are deliberately trying to remove a seniority employee there's not much you can do. If they're choosing between seasonal hires, or any hire off the street, there's not much you can do about it. Why has this got you so worked up?

A) Are you from the U.S. ?
B) What is a station manager, let alone a station position ?
C) Is this a union employee position ?
D) It doesn't matter if it's a he or she, but are you inferring she is using her looks to receive this job ?
E) Have they fired the person yet that she is taking over ?

You could say in a nice way using her assets to get position also I'm from the U.S and the person was actually realesed after there shift today. Like I said I've never seen a seasonal runner get a full-time station position as the only full-time spot I knew of was the lead supervisor/manager of station.

By The Book

You could say in a nice way using her assets to get position also I'm from the U.S and the person was actually realesed after there shift today. Like I said I've never seen a seasonal runner get a full-time station position as the only full-time spot I knew of was the lead supervisor/manager of station.
What's this full time station position that you speak of? Was the person released a seniority employee, or another seasonal employee?