Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Big companies are already sitting on piles of cash. If they were going to hire, they would've already done it. Besides, very few corporations pay anything near the 35% corporate rate. They'll do what they did during the last tax cut: buy back stock to boost dividends.

Dracula

This study says the real corporate tax rate is 21% for the 258 companies looked at. Another study I saw showed 18%. You can argue for a lower corporate base rate, but these studies show the opposite of the Republican's promises of what a new rate will do. It will do nothing different, because most companies already pay a rate concurrent to the proposed rate.

More Washington lies.

The 35 Percent Corporate Tax Myth

Star B

White Lightening
at&t already said they will invest 1 billion creating 7000 jobs if it goes through, some will buy back stock which is good for those in the stock market. Also companies get immediate expensing
they also promised high speed with Project Pronto back in the early 2000s and where did that go? Nowhere. They will promise the world and after the buyback "Oh, well, we lost so much capital during this quarter so we're not going to invest anymore."

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This study says the real corporate tax rate is 21% for the 258 companies looked at. Another study I saw showed 18%. You can argue for a lower corporate base rate, but these studies show the opposite of the Republican's promises of what a new rate will do. It will do nothing different, because most companies already pay a rate concurrent to the proposed rate.

More Washington lies.

The 35 Percent Corporate Tax Myth
what do you think the rate is for retail stores

Box Ox

they also promised high speed with Project Pronto back in the early 2000s and where did that go? Nowhere. They will promise the world and after the buyback "Oh, well, we lost so much capital during this quarter so we're not going to invest anymore."

Yep. Never trust a corporation to do the right thing unless they've already earned that trust.

Jkloc420

Big companies are already sitting on piles of cash. If they were going to hire, they would've already done it. Besides, very few corporations pay anything near the 35% corporate rate. They'll do what they did during the last tax cut: buy back stock to boost dividends.
Introduction - pg.1 here you go the top taxed companies and their effective rates

Jkloc420

You're missing the point. I can't complain about how high my federal taxes are if I'm adding in state and local taxes. Besides, as the article shows, most companies don't pay a 35% rate.
but it shows 20 percent is lower then what they pay, now you can argue what they will do with the savings. Some will invest, some will do buy backs and so forth

Dracula

but it shows 20 percent is lower then what they pay, now you can argue what they will do with the savings. Some will invest, some will do buy backs and so forth

But, again, if a corporation is already paying a rate lower than 20%, what benefit is an official 20% rate?

watdaflock?

Don’t fool yourself, the reason the market has been exploding over Corp tax cuts is the money will go towards stock buybacks and dividend increases, not hiring. With the very low unemployement rate and stagnant wage increases, the American workers have sold themselves short.
Please Bad Gas!, tell us why you disagreed with the above comment.

Foamer Pyle

Don’t fool yourself, the reason the market has been exploding over Corp tax cuts is the money will go towards stock buybacks and dividend increases, not hiring. With the very low unemployement rate and stagnant wage increases, the American workers have sold themselves short.
Things couldn’t have been worse under Obama. We had 1% economic growth for 8 years. If tax cuts for corporations make the economy grow, which they do, i am all for it In less than one year, we already have 3% economic growth, unemployment is down, and so is government assistance. You can’t have the mindset that corporations and small businesses are evil, they do provide jobs. You will get a tax cut under this new plan, if it passes. I look at it this way. The money i earn is mine, not the governments. The government is the one that needs to cut back and shrink. There isn’t one thing that they run that isn’t friend’d up.