What would you do

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Revisiting this old thread. The delta surge railroaded my chances last year and I didn’t make it in. But, finally, I got the call. Big decision time coming soon, but unless I’m talked out of it I’m outta here.
They called you back based on the same application and test as before or you had to do it all over again this year?

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Wait out the new contract if possible and see if staying here is worth the headaches. Once you leave UPS that's it for your SENORITY and place in line.
Yeah I moved to Nevada County. It’s much better here all-around. I mean we only have one on-road Sup and he’s pretty awesome. The stress this job inherently has is basically zero up here. I’m satisfied with my decision and plan to just ride out my career at UPS

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I think most of the spineless drivers who allowed all the give backs over the last twenty years will be retired by then.
Partially true. Last time I checked part-timers have a right to vote and never do. It’s not as simple as “drivers are wimps who accept cut-backs”.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Partially true. Last time I checked part-timers have a right to vote and never do. It’s not as simple as “drivers are wimps who accept cut-backs”.

Most of the people who say stuff like "if you don't like it, you can leave" are older and retired drivers. It makes me wonder who abused them so bad to make them think they have such little value.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
They called you back based on the same application and test as before or you had to do it all over again this year?
I chose to re-interview. I was able to get a re-interview by completing some online courses that qualified as electrical schooling. I got a better score the second time around of course

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I chose to re-interview. I was able to get a re-interview by completing some online courses that qualified as electrical schooling. I got a better score the second time around of course
It's amazing how different the process is from local to local. Here they do it once a year over about a three month period. They pick everyone at once and if you're not one of them, you gotta go through the process all over again with the application, test, and interview the following year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's amazing how different the process is from local to local. Here they do it once a year over about a three month period. They pick everyone at once and if you're not one of them, you gotta go through the process all over again with the application, test, and interview the following year.
Hate to tell you boys this but who ya know has a whole lot to do with who gets in and who doesent