What would you have done?

Would you have delivered the packages?

• Total voters

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I had 14 packages for a business (Vector Marketing----they sell Cutco knives) that was relocating to a new address on my area. When I got to the delivery stop there was a key in the door but there was no one in the office. There were office supplies for the staff and tools being used by the contractors for the renovation so I knew that I was at the right address. At this point I had a decision to make-----do I leave the packages and make sure that the door is locked on my way out or do I leave a delivery notice and deal with the same 14 packages tomorrow? I decided to deliver the packages and made sure that I locked the door behind me.

To answer your question, yes, I signed for the delivery.

How have you not been fired and walked out the door yet? Did you sign your name or forge theirs? Why would you risk this? So following the methods is just pick and choose?

And being that you've publicly stated this on an open forum where you've also stated your name and location? you don't think some bored suite in Atlanta couldn't document all this?

I'm just amazed you're still a driver. And if you did that to my 14 packages as a customer, I'd be beyond annoyed that signed for my stuff.

Wow just wow

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Then why did the manager thank me the following day for taking care of him?

It's called knowing your customers.

And the next call could be from your customer asking where their stuff is even though you signed for it. Knowing your customers is one thing but I won't risk my family's security just to cut corners. Follow the methods and you can still take care of your customers and not put yourself in a position to lose your job.

By The Book

Should've just dr'd them not sign for them. Dumb move
I'd of DR'd them
Follow the methods people. We don't DR commercial stops.
DRing packages at a commercial location results in a billing adjustment to the shipper for the higher residential rates.
Correct! I would have tried to obtain a signature, then a possible left at to the neighboring business. If unsuccessful at this I would of left a note, and possibly made a second attempt which is something you are used to. During the course of your day you may have received a message from the OMS on instructions to complete the delivery. Everyone is taken care of, and you did it by the book.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
I would have tried a construction guy or next door business if that didn't work then i would have left a del notice with a quick explanation on the back and maybe the direct center phone number.

10 point

The company took a driver (in our local) out of service for signing his name on a few deliveries. They said it was article 17a (dishonesty).
This company's management is lost when it comes to consistency.

You'll get a break if you are their buddy but if you take a stand or file an appropriate grievance you'll get it figured out.

A
I had 14 packages for a business (Vector Marketing----they sell Cutco knives) that was relocating to a new address on my area. When I got to the delivery stop there was a key in the door but there was no one in the office. There were office supplies for the staff and tools being used by the contractors for the renovation so I knew that I was at the right address. At this point I had a decision to make-----do I leave the packages and make sure that the door is locked on my way out or do I leave a delivery notice and deal with the same 14 packages tomorrow? I decided to deliver the packages and made sure that I locked the door behind me.

According to my center manager, signing for a pkg without CNEE permission can be constituted as fraud. Be very careful.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies

IDGAF whether they're there or not. If it's bulk, it gets drive released. Business or not.