What's the worst delivery you've made?

oldngray

nowhere special
Not so much the worst delivery but, finding an elderly lady deceased was it. Her door was usually open and I’d take the package to her. I looked in and she was not in her chair and then seen her legs through the kitchen entry. I went to the side door and when I opened it the odor that came out, well, I knew she was gone. I called the police and waited for them to show up.

I pulled around the corner and sat for 10 minutes to gather my thoughts. So sad.
I never had that but several times tried to deliver medicine and the family was there and told me the person had died.

over9five

Staff member
I never had that but several times tried to deliver medicine and the family was there and told me the person had died.
So I pull up to a house where theres 20 cars in front. Some kind of party, I'm thinking.
Ring the bell, guy answers. Turns out it's the after funeral family gathering for the guy I had a package for.
"I don't think he'll be needing that", the man that answered the door said,

RTS-deceased.

oldngray

nowhere special
So I pull up to a house where theres 20 cars in front. Some kind of party, I'm thinking.
Ring the bell, guy answers. Turns out it's the after funeral family gathering for the guy I had a package for.

RTS-deceased.
Irish wake? Did they offer you a drink?

purehavanne

Not so much the worst delivery but, finding an elderly lady deceased was it. Her door was usually open and I’d take the package to her. I looked in and she was not in her chair and then seen her legs through the kitchen entry. I went to the side door and when I opened it the odor that came out, well, I knew she was gone. I called the police and waited for them to show up.

I pulled around the corner and sat for 10 minutes to gather my thoughts. So sad.
That’s rough man. I had a customer die and his son who I never met gave me his record collection. 8 crates of reggae and ska music from the mid to late 70’s.

Zowert

Had some kids shoot my pkg car with a pellet rifle, I was in the cargo at the time and heard a loud ping noise. Saw two little brats book it around the back of their house when I stepped out. I happened to be delivering to their house so instead of drop and go I stuck around and let their old man know what happened. I had never seen a dad so pissed before. I’m pretty sure they got a beating, I felt bad afterward but I didn’t want them shooting at anyone else.

I told the regular driver for that route about it and he said that’s funny because I delivered some type of Gamo air rifle to that house a while back.

Last edited:

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Had some kids shoot my pkg car with a pellet rifle, I was in the cargo at the time and heard a loud ping noise. Saw two little brats book it around the back of their house when I stepped out. I happened to be delivering to their house so instead of drop and go I stuck around and let their old man know what happened. I had never seen a dad so pissed before. I’m pretty sure they got a beating, I felt bad afterward but I didn’t want them shooting at anyone else.

I told the regular driver for that route about it and he said that’s funny because I delivered some type of Gamo air rifle to that house a while back.
You should of told the kids “no more packages for you” then refuse everything they get lol.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

Funny. There's a route in my loop like that, except they shoot real bullets at the truck.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

RTS-deceased.
I've had more than a dozen like that... since our service areas are mostly over 55+ crowd and medline primarily uses FXG to deliver these medical supplies.

DriverNerd

I've had more than a dozen like that... since our service areas are mostly over 55+ crowd and medline primarily uses FXG to deliver these medical supplies.
Same here. My old route had four independent/assisted living facilities on it. I had to skip my deliveries and come back multiple times because of ambulance/fire/police responding to calls. Always awkward when I deliver and they say they're not here anymore and I have to ask the question: Did they move or did they pass away?

Zowert

You should of told the kids “no more packages for you” then refuse everything they get lol.
If it was my route I’d see if I could blacklist them or something, tell management that I don’t feel safe delivering to that address.

Really though I think the matter was settled. The father had me wait on the porch, then he came back with his hand on the back of one boys neck while dragging the other by the hood of his sweatshirt. Made them apologize then asked them the fifth rule of gun safety and they knew it. “Never point a gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.” He asked them, “So why are you trying to destroy the UPS man?!” It was real awkward, I was like okay I think they get it, I gotta go. As I was walking away he kicked their front door shut, yeah those boys got a whooping that day.

Last edited:

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
First stop in a large resi was a cologuard box
About an hour later in the same area the customer from the first stop found me to give me a pick up:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

funny you mention that. i was given the option of colonoscopy or cologuard box and i chose the box. i could have very easily put it on the back of my package car and put it on the air belt myself because my route is less than a mile from my residence. i didn't do that however because it would have taken away the fun of having another driver that i work with every day having to come to my house and pick up a box of my poop and asking me the next day, hey, don't you live on that street?

oh, yeah. did you pick up my poop box? i hope you followed the arrows and kept the box upright, you know that was a box of my poop, right? did i mention i had tacos the night before? i left it on my front porch where the sun was shining, i hope you got there early and the tape was still sticking. it was a box of my poop after all, that you carried back to your pc and rode around with for a few hours.

D0hhh

Last year i had to pick up a big clothing store at a mall which was moving and had packed all their inventory into those big home depot boxes. I had to load up 50lbs each box and bricked a p1000 and drive back to the center and ended up making 3 trips with 3 new package car same size by myself... Took a total of 5 hours fml i was so tired lol