What's the worst delivery you've made?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Last year i had to pick up a big clothing store at a mall which was moving and had packed all their inventory into those big home depot boxes. I had to load up 50lbs each box and bricked a p1000 and drive back to the center and ended up making 3 trips with 3 new package car same size by myself... Took a total of 5 hours fml i was so tired lol
Why is a box truck not sent out to the mall?

Undertow

I use FedEx when I have things shipped to me because theyre cheaper than UPS. Thats the real nature of competition. People roll the dice and hope their stuff gets there in one piece for the best price. Besides, this lady was in an apartment. I dont think shes really doing 10s of 1000's in volume purchases. Businesses are what I dont think we want to lose but even there we are losing. We lost either GameStop or Foot Locker (or both cant recall). And Im pretty sure we lost them to FedEx. The drivers at our center said "good riddance".

Yes, its true that without customers, we dont have a business or a job. No, its not true that one * customer is the difference between whether I go to work to a job tomorrow or not considering Ill be delivering to 40+ of her neighbors tomorrow.
I think Fed Ex offered a double digit discount to GameStop after the parting with Amazon, but GameStop is a pretty desperate company right now with a balance sheet that's currently so precarious that it would probably roll the dice no matter how good of value UPS were providing. It's possible with the that industry is trending, that those stores could all be gone not too far in the future and Fed Ex won't have that volume either. We have a few of those stores in my area, usually in those strip mall setups and the delivery was beginning to be taxing anyway. There'd be anywhere from a half dozen to more than twenty boxes sometimes being ad posters taking up half a shelf and part of the floor and the driver would be stuck with the stuff until 12 noon at least because GameStop rationed it's hours in yet another cost cutting move in the midst of the pandemic.

I doubt there's many if any drivers at this point grieving the loss of that stop out of his/her car.

Undertow

I think the worst one for Me wasn't technically a package I delivered. It was during peak season after dark and the nearly 300 pound woman that somebody at UPS thought would be an adequate driver helper was so afraid of the possibility of black ice that she decided to walk on the grass.

She got back in the cab and less than 15 seconds en route to the next stop, the overwhelming stink of dog feces takes over. She proceeded to tell me it had to be my imagination as she couldn't smell anything. Then she got mad that I wouldn't close the driver door. And yet the sups still wonder why many of us don't want to deal with helpers...

JJinVA

I think the worst one for Me wasn't technically a package I delivered. It was during peak season after dark and the nearly 300 pound woman that somebody at UPS thought would be an adequate driver helper was so afraid of the possibility of black ice that she decided to walk on the grass.

She got back in the cab and less than 15 seconds en route to the next stop, the overwhelming stink of dog feces takes over. She proceeded to tell me it had to be my imagination as she couldn't smell anything. Then she got mad that I wouldn't close the driver door. And yet the sups still wonder why many of us don't want to deal with helpers...

She might have sh-- her pants and was trying to play it cool. That's what I do when I sh-- my pants

JJinVA

I think Fed Ex offered a double digit discount to GameStop after the parting with Amazon, but GameStop is a pretty desperate company right now with a balance sheet that's currently so precarious that it would probably roll the dice no matter how good of value UPS were providing. It's possible with the that industry is trending, that those stores could all be gone not too far in the future and Fed Ex won't have that volume either. We have a few of those stores in my area, usually in those strip mall setups and the delivery was beginning to be taxing anyway. There'd be anywhere from a half dozen to more than twenty boxes sometimes being ad posters taking up half a shelf and part of the floor and the driver would be stuck with the stuff until 12 noon at least because GameStop rationed it's hours in yet another cost cutting move in the midst of the pandemic.

I doubt there's many if any drivers at this point grieving the loss of that stop out of his/her car.
I never understood why GameStop would order NDA knowing Id get there and no one would be there lol

Est.1998

Last year i had to pick up a big clothing store at a mall which was moving and had packed all their inventory into those big home depot boxes. I had to load up 50lbs each box and bricked a p1000 and drive back to the center and ended up making 3 trips with 3 new package car same size by myself... Took a total of 5 hours fml i was so tired lol
That's crazy!
My hub would have sent big brown after i told them what was being shipped.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Really nice to have a box of embalming fluid leak all over your shelf in 100 degree weather. Back in the eighties, the stuff was in glass containers. Talk about a stinking mess.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
50 boxes of printer paper weighing 50lbs each delivered to a Toyota plant. I quit package the next day, became a shifter then feeder. You guys can have that s*.
so you can go from shifter to feeder?