what's your building volume like

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Start times are getting later (when you thought they couldn't possibly get any later) while end times are getting earlier. Volume of 135-140,000 done in a 2 hour and 35-45 minute sort-span. Meanwhile, there's a sea of packages coming belt-wide the entire sort to the point that the belt can barely contain all the packages. Trailers are backed up and stacked to capacity and mountains of packages fallen off to the sides that prevent people from getting in and out of their loads. And at the end of the night you see seemingly endless piles and carnage from all the damaged packages. Go figure. This has been par for the course over the last month or so.

Here's part of the problem I see. Most of the building are old and dated. They were never intended to push thru the volume in the short time frame they are doing right now.

Major upgrades are needed but we all know ups is reactive not proactive so strap in for the bumpy ride.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
yep they would rather pay 60 drivers $32 an hour for a half hour loading their trucks in the am rather than 30 preloaders making an average of $13 an hour to load.. Makes a lot of sense doesnt it!!!! All they would have to do is start the preload a half hour to 40 minutes earlier everyday and they wouldnt have to walk into a big huge mess...great way to start the drivers day!

It's not $32 an hour though. It's $48 plus an hour. We all know drivers don't work under 8 hours a day so anytime u add in the morning ends up being overtime later.

Notcool

Here we have a late start time on twilight. Everyone gets slammed! They try to send as much as possible and supervisors are loading using the excuse we don't have enough people. They just hired another pt sup. There seems to be more pt sups than ever yet less union ptrs. I am lucky to get 17 hrs. Its sad. I use to run around 400-450 pph I now only do 300pph and the belt is off and jams. But hey, I there for money not to see how fast I can get out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's not $32 an hour though. It's $48 plus an hour. We all know drivers don't work under 8 hours a day so anytime u add in the morning ends up being overtime later.

What's this OT you speak of??? I was punched in at 8:30am and walking to my car at 5:30.......all at $32.xx/hour.