What's Your Relationship With Management?

Seymour Packages

How do you guys get along with management in your center? I have seen everything from the runners that walk around with a hint of supervisor nutsack on their breath to veterans that refuse to even converse with management without a shop steward present. One guy even rejects all UPS related calls and kindly instructs them to direct all communication through the DIAD. I personally have no use for management. I have seen the underhanded things they have done to guys and I avoid them. I walk in, fill my cooler, grab my DIAD/call tags and head to my car. Limit communication as much a possible.

Est.1998

How do you guys get along with management in your center? I have seen everything from the runners that walk around with a hint of supervisor nutsack on their breath to veterans that refuse to even converse with management without a shop steward present. One guy even rejects all UPS related calls and kindly instructs them to direct all communication through the DIAD. I personally have no use for management. I have seen the underhanded things they have done to guys and I avoid them. I walk in, fill my cooler, grab my DIAD/call tags and head to my car. Limit communication as much a possible.
I knew a guy that owned a chow.
This dog was so unpredictable.
Some times it would allow you to pet it, other times, it would try to take your head off. Most of the time both were possible within minutes of each other.
I learned to just avoid that dog every time i went to his house.

Zurion

I have good management, they respect us so most of us respect them. PT supes are not included in this, they're idiots.

I'm not a runner, but I don't slack off either and overall try and be useful. If I finish my deliveries before my pickups start, why not call my supe and ask to drive off somebody else's misload rather than take my lunch? More hours for me.

Seymour Packages

I have good management, they respect us so most of us respect them. PT supes are not included in this, they're idiots.

I'm not a runner, but I don't slack off either and overall try and be useful. If I finish my deliveries before my pickups start, why not call my supe and ask to drive off somebody else's misload rather than take my lunch? More hours for me.
Take. Your. Lunch.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Ask to deliver someone else’s misload? I’m sorry but EW.

Cloud

"i'm not a runner but i don't take my lunch" -RunnerGunner

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
My on road is a decent guy. I feel sorry for him a little bit.
Center manager....we got a real dud that everybody hates because of all the unnecessary BS. I can honestly say the most miserable person I've ever met.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Sups are okay. There's a mutual respect as people thing. The center manager is actually extremely respectful, he never yells, he works his ass off and its gained the respect of us. His priority is safety and understands people have bad days. A definite old school walk the walk type. Itll be a day in hell when he eventually leaves.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
224 Mafia does not associate with supes
15075139.gif

CoolStoryBro

My driver supervisor hasn't answered calls or responded to text messages in years. I never go to him with any UPS question or concern. I think his driver group is intentionally the bunch of drivers that will never need to say anything to him.
Center Manager has been in hiding for the last few years. He comes in after the drivers are on road. Hasn't been to a PCM since last peak. I hear he doesn't even go to most of the grievance meetings.

They don't care about anything so I don't either.

Wish they would at least tell me to follow ODO or something (I would love to need help to get in under 14 hours LMAO). I have to be 0% ODO most days.

PCM for the last few years has been "Someone got injured, Wacross center had an accident, safety tip GO." Never any useful or interesting info. No point in even going.

I can go an entire year with anything more than a "good morning" or "hey" from a random car supervisor. Only way you are honored by the presence of our royal center manager is if you get into an accident or get injured.

I'm not complaining. Having non existent managers who never talk is much better than having uber A-holes who are on you everyday bout their fake numbers.

Preload dispatcher and some of the pt sups are very nice.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Preload dispatcher and some of the pt sups are very nice.
Our PT supes are great.
tenor.gif

ORS's are okay, but that's only because I don't have to deal with their BS as much.
The center manager?
Lol.
Not great.

Which is a bummer. We had a good center manager and a decent couple full time supes a while back. But they all got transferred to bail out other centers.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I knew a guy that owned a chow.
This dog was so unpredictable.
Some times it would allow you to pet it, other times, it would try to take your head off. Most of the time both were possible within minutes of each other.
I learned to just avoid that dog every time i went to his house.

..and the morale of the story is obvious ....(The dog represents management) ..(Trust No One..especially the smiling ones)...:tiesmiley:

Joe brown

How do you guys get along with management in your center? I have seen everything from the runners that walk around with a hint of supervisor nutsack on their breath to veterans that refuse to even converse with management without a shop steward present. One guy even rejects all UPS related calls and kindly instructs them to direct all communication through the DIAD. I personally have no use for management. I have seen the underhanded things they have done to guys and I avoid them. I walk in, fill my cooler, grab my DIAD/call tags and head to my car. Limit communication as much as possible.

Joe brown

They won’t remember it, it won’t win you any points.