When do they stop making you help other drivers?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will help a loop driver if I can. without being asked. If on some rare day I am done early, I will call him. The rest of the time my eta is air time, I have no time to help anyone.

ManInBrown

We can't even move NDA's in the morning to a loop partner without approval. Forget about calling someone to take work when you're finished. Mgmt would have a coronary the next morning if a driver did that. Meeting a driver to bring in pick up pieces is as much help as you'll get here.

slappyhappy

I have never asked for help from another driver.

If they put it on my truck, I am going to deliver it. If they violate the 9.5 language I will file a grievance.

Just started here 29 yrs ago.

The only 2 times I have asked were both over 14 hr dispatch. Only way I'll ask for help. I wish they asked you to help only as much as you ask.

TBbrown

And never break the unwritten rule of returning to the building before another driver that helps you. The only exception is to make your 8 hour requst that dispatch messed up.

Grey

Nothing pisses me off more than coming back to the bldg only to watch the "slammed" driver who I was forced to help walking out to his car.

That happens to me. The office messages me to take 10-15 stops and the driver gives me 25. I guess my only option is to grow a pair and tell the driver no.

barnyard

KTM rider
I covered a route for a few years where I would meet the other 2 drivers in the loop for lunch. We frequently helped each other out to get done at a reasonable time.

mdnj88

Seriously? Pay two drivers OT in one truck to save MILEAGE? This company is going to hell in a handbasket. $100 an hour, or 1/3 of that to give a proper dispatch...disgusting.

Yep. Got done around 6, met driver around 615 and jumped on. Kept him company for a solid hour and a half. Got dropped off at my truck punched out about 8pm

Foamer Pyle

Is it when you hit top-rate or another milestone? It seems like drivers in our center that have 8-9 years always come in when they're done with their work...
I have 26 years in, and still get asked at least once a week to help other people. You can get creative and turn the radio off, then you won't get the message LOL!

MaceFremonti

Being sent to help people everyday who knew they were getting help before they even left the building in the morning was one of the reasons that I started driving the big boy trucks.