When do they stop making you help other drivers?

By The Book

I recently got on the 9.5 list and was asked to help the next week. Replied that I'm on 9.5 and got a nasty response that said the were asking me too. I took it kinda threatening and said I'd do it. I went over 9.5 every day that week cause of helping and delivering crazy amounts of misloads. Will I win a over grievance?
This sounds like it will be your first grievance, if and when you file it. Fill out your 9.5 grievance form with the hours for each day in hours and hundredths. Turn it in with your steward there. This is your chance to stand up for yourself so you aren't forced to work these long azzzz hours. They can have you work those long azzzz hours in the future but they now know a grievance is on their desk the next week. If drivers around you get upset at you because they have to help you tell them don't blame me for using the contract to protect myself. These drivers can also get on the 9.5 list, it's their choice, but don't let them blame you for them not using the contract to protect themselves.

By The Book

On the same token whenever I need help I always give the driver the easy stuff and keep the :censored2:ty deliveries for myself.
So, what you are saying is since you gave away the gravy you want to take another drivers diad and make sure you cherry pick the deliveries you get? Sometimes this being done will leave the driver who needs the help out too late. I do like the fact you don't like to dump the crap on the driver helping you. Sometimes what you need help with isn't pretty, so don't feel guilty, the objective is to make service and get home safe. If you were going to help me and you asked to see my diad, let's just say that you wouldn't ask to see my diad again. I'm all about trust is what I'm saying. If I go to help a driver it's just that, I take the stops and deliver the stops.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
So, what you are saying is since you gave away the gravy you want to take another drivers diad and make sure you cherry pick the deliveries you get? Sometimes this being done will leave the driver who needs the help out too late. I do like the fact you don't like to dump the crap on the driver helping you. Sometimes what you need help with isn't pretty, so don't feel guilty, the objective is to make service and get home safe. If you were going to help me and you asked to see my diad, let's just say that you wouldn't ask to see my diad again. I'm all about trust is what I'm saying. If I go to help a driver it's just that, I take the stops and deliver the stops.
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I just don't want a target on my back. And I'm not filing 9.5 over for the money. I have 2 kids and actually like being with them. That's it. I'm not trying to play the system or any of that. It's all for the family. And yes I knew I would be gone a lot taking this job. But this is why we have a union right? Thanks again

wayfair

swollen member
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I just don't want a target on my back. And I'm not filing 9.5 over for the money. I have 2 kids and actually like being with them. That's it. I'm not trying to play the system or any of that. It's all for the family. And yes I knew I would be gone a lot taking this job. But this is why we have a union right? Thanks again

It's not a target on you... remember that

DOK

I recently got on the 9.5 list and was asked to help the next week. Replied that I'm on 9.5 and got a nasty response that said the were asking me too. I took it kinda threatening and said I'd do it. I went over 9.5 every day that week cause of helping and delivering crazy amounts of misloads. Will I win a over grievance?
Should have replied, if you're asking me the answer is no, if you're telling me the answer is ok.

CHALLY9TX

Do the job by the methods and you don't have to worry about any target on you.