when does contract take effect

bear123

When does contract take effect? I had heard that if it does pass, and I hope it doesn't, the contract will take effect Jan 1, 2008. Does that mean we will get our paltry raise of .35 at that time. Does it mean the contract will run from January to January as opposed to August to August.
Finally is this legal that they can take a new contract that will supercede the old contract.

Steward773

Red, we were under the assumption that this "contract" will take effect upon ratification. At least this is how i'm reading it at the top of the first page, and also again in article 45 sect. 1. Am I missing something?

agitator

Good question...what i read of this is that the pension sections go into effect upon ratification...the "raises" lol...would go into effect aug 08... as for the language on 9.5 , etc...not sure but im assuming next aug too

chevyman

Article 45 Duration Section 1 THIS agreement shall be in full force and effect from ratification of this agreement to and including July 31,2013 and shall continue from year to year thereafter unless....

705red

Browncafe Steward
Man sorry to hear that guys, you have to live with that contract for more than 5 years, now that sounds like torture.