When does your 30 day probation begin?

UPSGUY72

I agree with upsguy. Post #17.

It appears you've gotten several different answers so far.

Management will pay VERY close attention to the number of days you work. They have been known to lay you off on your 29th day to keep you from making seniority and them having to create a route for you.

Or they tell you that they are extending your 30 days because you aren't meeting the numbers...

BrownThunder

Extending 30 days? Didn't know that was a thing. Hopefully my steward gives me the answer next week. Numbers wise I'm doing well, got the route down and have been busting out 16 air stop mornings with nothing late. Really proud of my progress, and my center manager is pulling for me so if I'm laid off then fine but at least I have done my part and shown I'm capable of doing the job.

Browntown2014

Extending 30 days? Didn't know that was a thing. Hopefully my steward gives me the answer next week. Numbers wise I'm doing well, got the route down and have been busting out 16 air stop mornings with nothing late. Really proud of my progress, and my center manager is pulling for me so if I'm laid off then fine but at least I have done my part and shown I'm capable of doing the job.

lol "center manager is pulling for me". Your center manager doesn't give a bleep about you.

BrownThunder

Lmao you goofy ass clowns are so negative! I don't need to lie, and have nothing to prove. My center manager tracked me down after my first day solo, in the break room and sat with me to see how I was managing my route. But he's pulling my chain and doesn't care. FOH.

UPSGUY72

Lmao you goofy ass clowns are so negative! I don't need to lie, and have nothing to prove. My center manager tracked me down after my first day solo, in the break room and sat with me to see how I was managing my route. But he's pulling my chain and doesn't care. FOH.

You hang out in the break room after work.. LOL My return to my car time after I punch out is about 30 seconds and if I'm talking to my SUP or manger after I get back to the building I'm on the clock still...

BrownThunder

Not any more because I have reached a point where I can actually take a lunch while on road. Remember when I said it was my first day solo? It's safe to assume I got my ass handed to me so not only was I worn out but I didn't eat. Needed to take a 30min lunch so I did in the break room.

Make sense now?

Now once I park and submit my paperwork or turn in clerk packages I dock my DIAD and I'm ghost

MendozaJ

Find out your peak dates, aka hiring freeze, else you'll be extremely disappointed. In my hub, you would have a grand total of six days marked off your calendar followed by three months of nothing.