When I go....

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Ashes attached to the loudest,brightest,most colorful rocket (firework). Send me soaring so I can touch the face of God........ OK..OK...I stole that from the eulogy from the doomed Space Shuttle that broke into pieces on re-entry.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I want a private, above ground mausoleum.

Being burned up doesn't appeal to me, but being buried in the ground doesn't either. And I don't want to go into a wall with a bunch of other people.

Unfortunately what I want probably costs a fortune so I guess I will go with satellitedriver's plan :happy2:.

Already planned out. Cremate the body,have a huge blowout BBQ afterwards. if the cops aren`t called then they didn`t do it right:happy-very:

Of course the zombie rising from the dead thing might be cool too. I wouldn`t be out to eat brains though. Ladies watch out;)

rod

Retired 22 years
My older brother passed away Dec. 19th. He was very specific about his final wishes. No Religion and No singing. Kind of limits what you can do. He was a gentle man that never said a bad word about anyone. He was an avid reader, collector of many things and loved all animals. He wanted to be cremated and burried in something of our choice that we picked from his collections. Due to the fact that he worked for the Department of Natural Resources and spent a lot of his time fighting forest fires all over the United States and the fact that one thing he collected was old sclool lunch boxes we picked his favorite one- an old Smokey the Bear lunch box. We burried him today at the family grave site on what would have been my sons 38 birthday. May they both rest in peace. Love ya Son- Love ya Brother. Christmas sucks this year

bbsam

Staff member
As a lover of vampire lore and morbid humor I'd like to be buried upside down with a stake through the heart. Or drawn and quartered with the limbs sent to the four corners of my delivery area and my decapitated head on a post at our terminal with a sign reading "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here". Probably all completely illegal so a nice rememberance service and donating body or organs to medicine/science will probably be the way we go.

over9five

Staff member
Ashes attached to the loudest,brightest,most colorful rocket (firework). Send me soaring so I can touch the face of God........ OK..OK...I stole that from the eulogy from the doomed Space Shuttle that broke into pieces on re-entry.

And they stole it from Star Trek!

Actually, it was a line in the poem High Flight by John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I could be wrong, Over9, but I think that's illegal. The Pacific Ocean desire More voiced above may also be a problem. My grandmother wanted the same thing at one time but research told her it wasn't possible. I could be wrong. If you want to know, More, PM me and I'll find out. -Rocky

That's why you just do it and don't try and get approval.

ol'browneye

My wifes uncle died recently. He was a member of several motorcycle clubs but also a member of the VFW. At his funeral, Jack and Coke was served. After he was cremated, his ashes were put into a half gallon Jack Daniels bottle, strapped to his big trike, and driven in the longest procession of motorcycles I have ever seen to the cemetary and buried in the JD bottle!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Part me out.

Hack me up and donate any organs that might still work. Whats left needs to be cremated. No burial, no embalming, no casket. Scatter my ashes in the woods someplace on a nice sunny day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I could be wrong, Over9, but I think that's illegal. The Pacific Ocean desire More voiced above may also be a problem. My grandmother wanted the same thing at one time but research told her it wasn't possible. I could be wrong. If you want to know, More, PM me and I'll find out. -Rocky

It is legal to dispose of ashes at sea but for some arcane reason you need to be outside of the 3-mile limit. Many of the charter fishing boats around here offer a "burial at sea" service, often in conjunction with a whale-watching tour, for people who wish to scatter ashes in the ocean.