When I go....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My older brother passed away Dec. 19th. He was very specific about his final wishes. No Religion and No singing. Kind of limits what you can do. He was a gentle man that never said a bad word about anyone. He was an avid reader, collector of many things and loved all animals. He wanted to be cremated and burried in something of our choice that we picked from his collections. Due to the fact that he worked for the Department of Natural Resources and spent a lot of his time fighting forest fires all over the United States and the fact that one thing he collected was old sclool lunch boxes we picked his favorite one- an old Smokey the Bear lunch box. We burried him today at the family grave site on what would have been my sons 38 birthday. May they both rest in peace. Love ya Son- Love ya Brother. Christmas sucks this year
And Rod I dint mean to make light of your tragedy. My thoughts are with you.

ideliver2u67

20 Down
I too have thought about donating my body to science. But I am thinking when I am done with it, there isn't gonna be a whole lotta good parts left. The alcohol is gonna ruin my organs. UPS is gonna ruin the rest.

rod

Retired 22 years
I too have thought about donating my body to science. But I am thinking when I am done with it, there isn't gonna be a whole lotta good parts left. The alcohol is gonna ruin my organs. UPS is gonna ruin the rest.

All kidding aside, marking the organ donor spot on your drivers liscense is one of most unshelfish things you can do. Make sure you family knows your wishes. I know 4 people who are alive today because of it. There are over 90,000 people in the U. S. who are waiting for transplants.

Big Babooba

All kidding aside, marking the organ donor spot on your drivers liscense is one of most unshelfish things you can do. Make sure you family knows your wishes. I know 4 people who are alive today because of it. There are over 90,000 people in the U. S. who are waiting for transplants.
My father in law included. He needs a lung transplant. He never smoked. He has pulmonary fibrosis. The sad part is that he may be taken off the transplant waiting list. The doctors discovered that he also has heart disease. Why do bad things happen to good people?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Rod, I'm really sorry about your brother. I didn't know that you had previously lost a son... I'm sorry about that too. It must have been really rough to have to bury your brother on your son's birthday...

When I die I want the same thing as soberups. If any of my parts still work give them to someone that can use them. The rest can be tossed into the incinerator.

D

Dis-organized Labor

You know; I have been on the fence about this "Organ Donor" thing until now.
I have always joked around about just putting me in a bag and place me on the curb.
I aqlso have some friends that are organ donors and they are alive today due to someone's foresight. I haven't had that foresight. I think I do now.
My liver and kidney's may be toast; but I have a few other organs that someone may want.

Also hands and feet. Remember the guys that had the hand transplants?

rod

Retired 22 years
You know; I have been on the fence about this "Organ Donor" thing until now.
I have always joked around about just putting me in a bag and place me on the curb.
I aqlso have some friends that are organ donors and they are alive today due to someone's foresight. I haven't had that foresight. I think I do now.
My liver and kidney's may be toast; but I have a few other organs that someone may want.

Also hands and feet. Remember the guys that had the hand transplants?

Great choice to be an organ donor. Please let your next of kin know your wishes so they don't have to be the ones to make that decision.

UPS Lifer

I went to a Hawaiian funeral two years ago. It was an uplifting experience. Everyone had to wear a Hawaiian shirt or dress. There was a luau after with singing and dancing. I thought this is the way to go out!