When people come on here crying the blues because we are on strike.

RealPerson

Strike in this scenario are a reality. Trust me when I say this. The company isn’t going to give you what you want. I am just bracing you for the economics of what is in your future. There is more to it but your rude ass won’t be getting the particulars. If I gave these to you you could not handle it and wouldn’t believe it.
Then the Company and Union are very dumb to not pay new hires a higher wage.
You will never get the tripple time, because supervisors will work every day, because of all the new hires.
Your truck will always be loaded like crap.
Oh, these new hires, UPS doesn't pay into the pension or health fund until they work 9 or 12 months.. You think you would want them to stay!!! Union included...

babboo25

Banned
The no vote is going to be the nuclear option.
I was told UPS informed the union of this during negotiations, UPS is trying to appease the stockholders and investors. This is why Union is pushing it so hard, if it’s voted down UPS is drastically scaling back residential customers/deliveries. Which obviously means less JOBS, Tread lightly fellas.

babboo25

Banned
94CBCAE3-B75C-4892-AFFC-D809A26003B5.jpeg

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I was told UPS informed the union of this during negotiations, UPS is trying to appease the stockholders and investors. This is why Union is pushing it so hard, if it’s voted down UPS is drastically scaling back residential customers/deliveries. Which obviously means less JOBS, Tread lightly fellas.

then why ya thnk would they spend the insane amount I'm sure they spent to install brand new monstrous second floor automated small sorts in multiple east coast buildings without knowing for sure it was going to be used. mine is literally brand new, not even finished yet. if the company had a contingency plan of down scaling in case of a no vote there is no way they would have spent this whole year building these things.

A strike will break the union. The union knows this. Livelihoods,
Pensions, healthcare all broke. There will be books written about how the entitled ups teamsters broke the teamsters. And as a result, all Labor unions faded away.

babboo25

Banned
then why ya thnk would they spend the insane amount I'm sure they spent to install brand new monstrous second floor automated small sorts in multiple east coast buildings without knowing for sure it was going to be used. mine is literally brand new, not even finished yet. if the company had a contingency plan of down scaling in case of a no vote there is no way they would have spent this whole year building these things.
Well they wasted billions on Orion didn’t they?

bowhnterdon

I agree, they just started building an automated small sort in my building. Doesn’t look like a pullback to me.....