When to retire 30 years or 52 age ?

Fnix

So I started at UPS when I was 17 years old over 10 years ago. I will have to work here 38 damn years until I am 55? I get penalized for starting younger?

I just want to retire at the earliest I can.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So I started at UPS when I was 17 years old over 10 years ago. I will have to work here 38 damn years until I am 55? I get penalized for starting younger?

I just want to retire at the earliest I can.
Every plan is different. We have 30 and out, any age although the pension is reduced if you are under 60.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We have early retirement at 50 as long as you're vested, but you take a pretty big hit on the pension and you have to find your own health insurance.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We have the 80 rule. Years with the company+Your age=80 and you can retire. I can retire when I'm 53, but I suspect I'll be working longer than that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have the 80 rule. Years with the company+Your age=80 and you can retire. I can retire when I'm 53, but I suspect I'll be working longer than that.

I sincerely hope that any decision to work beyond your retirement eligibility is yours and not one driven by economic need and/or lack of something better to do with your time.

badpal

Your statement made me think abit. I way past being eligble too retire and money is the least of my worrys. But really at this point I have nothing better to do. Putting on those semi faded browns each morning and heading out for 10 hours of frustration is my sense of belonging to society somehow. I love looking forward to vacations , but really by the time thursday rolls around I itching to get back. In some ways retirement is my greatest fear in life. But we all wired diff I guess and I hope you have a wonderful retirement Upstate.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Your statement made me think abit. I way past being eligble too retire and money is the least of my worrys. But really at this point I have nothing better to do. Putting on those semi faded browns each morning and heading out for 10 hours of frustration is my sense of belonging to society somehow. I love looking forward to vacations , but really by the time thursday rolls around I itching to get back. In some ways retirement is my greatest fear in life. But we all wired diff I guess and I hope you have a wonderful retirement Upstate.
I'll walk out of that place on my planned day like a school child stepping into summer.