When will contract negotations resume?

rudy5150

Some people wish to stay part time for 30 + yrs and to retire and recieve their pension that they deserve. Who are you to say driving is a career and part time isnt. Im sure some doctors lawyers would laugh and say truck driving isnt a career either. Watch what you say about fellow teamsters, dont be a sellout.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So you think we deserve to pay almost 50% of our weekly paychecks to health benefits (this is even with your "raise") because you've come up with some arbitrary definition of what our job is? Am I close?
What's 5 x 17.5? 5x 20? 5x 25? Basic mathematics not your strong suit? Am I close?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That really does not have anything to do with when negotiations start again or finish.
Sorry Im just tired of hearing the Teamsters will do this or that in the next contract! When they havent taken care anything but our dues in this contract....Just venting

We are the ones that enforce the contract. Not much a steward or BA can do without a grievance being filed.

stink219

We are the ones that enforce the contract. Not much a steward or BA can do without a grievance being filed.
What happened to the days when your BA used to stop at all the building 2 or 3 times a week and holler at management for working? Not just a special guest apperance when its re election time!!!
My BA is in our building every single day. He hasn't taken a full vacation in over 2 years. Brownslave is right, some people expect the problems to just go away. It's the simple minded people that say "nothing is done". Of course nothing is done, WHEN THAT SAME PERSON THAT BĪTCHES DOESN'T DO SHĪT! BA's and us Stewies can't be everywhere at all times. File just 1, just 1 grievance this year!! Police a violation, and file one!! Sign your name and own the thing! All I hear is bitching on BC. It never ends. Wake up tomorrow with a set of balls and enforce you gosh darn contract!
"Sorry just venting"

My BA is in our building every single day. He hasn't taken a full vacation in over 2 years. Brownslave is right, some people expect the problems to just go away. It's the simple minded people that say "nothing is done". Of course nothing is done, WHEN THAT SAME PERSON THAT BĪTCHES DOESN'T DO SHĪT! BA's and us Stewies can't be everywhere at all times. File just 1, just 1 grievance this year!! Police a violation, and file one!! Sign your name and own the thing! All I hear is bitching on BC. It never ends. Wake up tomorrow with a set of balls and enforce you gosh darn contract!
"Sorry just venting"
Hey I file...what are you supossed to do when your steward goes bike riding with your center manager? And half of the drivers dont even know who their BA is?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Hey I file...what are you supossed to do when your steward goes bike riding with your center manager? And half of the drivers dont even know who their BA is?

you go to union meetings,call your BA every week and ask for him to come down. If that dosent work call the president of your Local. you HAVE to get involved for change to happen

stink219

you go to union meetings,call your BA every week and ask for him to come down. If that dosent work call the president of your Local. you HAVE to get involved for change to happen
There is your answer!! Great post 728!! IGP, this is your livelihood!! Don't you feel obligated to fight to protect what you have?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Run for steward and help inform the ones who don't know. I'm not a steward. Have considered it but really don't like confrontation. I do however pass on my contract knowledge to anyone willing to talk to me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Run for steward and help inform the ones who don't know. I'm not a steward. Have considered it but really don't like confrontation. I do however pass on my contract knowledge to anyone willing to talk to me.
I've considered it but I have to represent non due paying memebers, including the ones that lost their job and got it back thanks to the union and still don't join. True story. It's easier for people like me to just help those who need/want the advice and tell the me-sters to piss off. True Story again.