When will contract negotations resume?

d-rek357

If you give part timers a $5 raise and then make em pay $90 dollars for insurance based on 17.5 hrs to 20 hrs a week they are exactly where they are now and get nothing.

rudy5150

How bout a $2 raise for all part timers August 1st....Im betting we dont pay a dime for healthcare. So all part timers $2 raises...so new hires start at $10.50 an hr. Minimum wage is goin to end up being $9 an hour....So i think $10.50 is a decent starting wage for Part timers.

brown_trousers

How bout a $2 raise for all part timers August 1st....Im betting we dont pay a dime for healthcare. So all part timers $2 raises...so new hires start at $10.50 an hr. Minimum wage is goin to end up being $9 an hour....So i think $10.50 is a decent starting wage for Part timers.

I'd like to see part-timers taken care of. But I dont want to see part-time starting wages raised too high. I'd rather see brand new hires starting at minimum wage, and instead give that extra $1.50/hr to part-timers that have over a year of seniority. Thus giving more reward to those that stay with the company longer, while weeding out the freeloaders during that 1st year of employment.

packageguy

Was wondering when the company and the union will resume talks. Also besides the health care propasal what else has the company offered?

from what heard next week, that is why they are doing these rally's around the country, Hoffa and Wall are going to jersey this Saturday, they want the support to show company we are united and mean business.....

kingOFchester

I'd like to see part-timers taken care of. But I dont want to see part-time starting wages raised too high. I'd rather see brand new hires starting at minimum wage, and instead give that extra $1.50/hr to part-timers that have over a year of seniority. Thus giving more reward to those that stay with the company longer, while weeding out the freeloaders during that 1st year of employment.

Just read UPS wants to get rid of the $1 extra in pay for "skilled" work.

stink219

If I were part time, I'd say * the starting wage but increase the progression wages. It matters where you end not begin. Maybe I'm wrong? I started at 8 per hour, now I'm 32. Granted full time. But I would want my top out increased for part time.

Last edited by a moderator:

rudy5150

I wish both new hires and current part timers could get significant pay increase but if it came down to one or the other i would give the $ to the current part timers.....Current part timers with 10 yrs with company still not making $20 an hour thats pathetic!

d-rek357

I'm assuming that you mean they would be giving part timers the option to opt out of the insurance and take the cash otherwise the $5 an hour would just pay for the increase

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you give part timers a $5 raise and then make em pay $90 dollars for insurance based on 17.5 hrs to 20 hrs a week they are exactly where they are now and get nothing.
No one's "making" anyone pay anything. If anything, the union is "making" part-timers take a health care package that many don't want nor need, in exchange for poverty wages and ****ty working conditions.

balland chain

The rumor here in the south is the company is offering to no longer guarantee the pension accrued with Central states. So in a nut shell a person with 30 years in, 24 with Central States will now get a 6 year pension from the company if Central States goes belly up. Central States is in the red even after UPS gave them billions years ago to take control of the pension. The insurance from Central States is the worst insurance with an astronomical price, roughly 300 per week per employee. How the union could have allowed us to get in the mix with a bunch of crooks (years ago many many millions were missing) makes me sick. Let us buy the insurance that management pays for. Get central states out of the picture all together !! It is not looking good from what we are hearing down here.

balland chain

Union members need to step up and VOTE. This contract is about our future, not what we make in wages. Making cuts to our pension, making us pay for crappy insurance, working in a hostile environment with management constantly pulling us in the office an calling us all kinds of names, we should be able to retire and enjoy life instead of us dropping dead before that day comes. If only 3%of us vote, GOD help us!!