When work is available

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jaker, Aug 14, 2018.

1. jaker

jaker trolling

this is a hot issues , but do you really think there won't be any work to where they are laying off RPCD

2. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Yes

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  3. jaker

jaker trolling

Volume is down like that there and how many drivers

4. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Monday and Tuesday will be dry if the company gets their way.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. jaker

jaker trolling

Yes it does , but will it be any worse then it is right now

6. Sweeper

Sweeper I need a bigger broom

Yes

7. jaker

jaker trolling

How many drivers you guys have

8. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Why wouldn’t it be if 22.4s are blown out over the weekend? I can’t imagine a situation in which corporate wouldn’t be pushing CMs to cram in every stop they can on 22.4 routes to lower the RPCD bottom line.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I can see the Monday scenario, but nobody will work on Tuesday?

10. jaker

jaker trolling

How many guys does 25% equal is a big thing and how many Saturday routes are going out now

I don't get Sunday at All right now , but they will have to since it is there

11. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

You think they would want to pay 22.4 $51 on the weekends and not $41 to RPCD on Monday?

12. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Never said that. Less overall volume on Tuesday is a possibility, especially if we start running Sundays using 22.4 drivers.

13. jaker

jaker trolling

Having 22.4 means Sunday is a work day and I don't see that

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  14. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

In my area 22.4 will be laid off first. So they would work wed-sat. And when Sunday starts both 22.4 shifts would be laid off.

15. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

You don’t think ups will see any growth because of weekend delivery? Or is seeing less volume because of not having weekend delivery?

16. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Yes. Because it cuts RPCD routes/fixed costs per route AND RPCD overtime.

17. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

That goes against all the naysayers logic about 22.4.

18. Been In Brown Too Long

Been In Brown Too Long Ex-Package Donkey

I could see a slight increase in overall volume, but is it really going to change the consumers ordering habits? If they want it, they are already ordering it. So in effect, they're just spreading 5 days of volume out across either 6 or 7 days. I would imagine any volume growth would be minimal. That's why a lot of centers either scrapped Saturdays or have yet to implement it at all.

19. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Do tell. Is the pro-22.4 crowd narrative that the Company is implementing 22.4s to be good to their RPCDs and not to minimize the delivery cost structure?

20. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

You don’t think the competition will come in and say “I can give you Saturday delivery if you give me ALL your volume on Fridays, or even Thursday’s and Friday’s? Are you saying Ups won’t pick up on the weekend? Once weekends are fully implemented ups won’t have minimal growth?

The customers ordering rarely choose who delivers their packages. I think the big shippers will ship out Saturdays and eventually Sundays. Isn’t the ultimate goal to run 7 Days a week?