When work is available

Box Ox

Yes it does , but will it be any worse then it is right now

Why wouldn’t it be if 22.4s are blown out over the weekend? I can’t imagine a situation in which corporate wouldn’t be pushing CMs to cram in every stop they can on 22.4 routes to lower the RPCD bottom line.

jaker

trolling
Why wouldn’t it be if 22.4s are blown out over the weekend? I can’t imagine a situation in which corporate wouldn’t be pushing CMs to cram in every stop they can on 22.4 routes to lower the RPCD bottom line.
How many guys does 25% equal is a big thing and how many Saturday routes are going out now

I don't get Sunday at All right now , but they will have to since it is there

You think they would want to pay 22.4 $51 on the weekends and not $41 to RPCD on Monday?

Never said that. Less overall volume on Tuesday is a possibility, especially if we start running Sundays using 22.4 drivers.
In my area 22.4 will be laid off first. So they would work wed-sat. And when Sunday starts both 22.4 shifts would be laid off.

Never said that. Less overall volume on Tuesday is a possibility, especially if we start running Sundays using 22.4 drivers.
You don’t think ups will see any growth because of weekend delivery? Or is seeing less volume because of not having weekend delivery?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
You don’t think ups will see any growth because of weekend delivery? Or is seeing less volume because of not having weekend delivery?
I could see a slight increase in overall volume, but is it really going to change the consumers ordering habits? If they want it, they are already ordering it. So in effect, they're just spreading 5 days of volume out across either 6 or 7 days. I would imagine any volume growth would be minimal. That's why a lot of centers either scrapped Saturdays or have yet to implement it at all.

I could see a slight increase in overall volume, but is it really going to change the consumers ordering habits? If they want it, they are already ordering it. So in effect, they're just spreading 5 days of volume out across either 6 or 7 days. I would imagine any volume growth would be minimal. That's why a lot of centers either scrapped Saturdays or have yet to implement it at all.

You don’t think the competition will come in and say “I can give you Saturday delivery if you give me ALL your volume on Fridays, or even Thursday’s and Friday’s? Are you saying Ups won’t pick up on the weekend? Once weekends are fully implemented ups won’t have minimal growth?

The customers ordering rarely choose who delivers their packages. I think the big shippers will ship out Saturdays and eventually Sundays. Isn’t the ultimate goal to run 7 Days a week?