When work is available

In a perfect world maybe but at UPS they need to make routes pay. Also on Mondays you have pick ups unlike on Saturdays. So you need to cut even more out to make time for those routes with pick ups.
Saturday pick ups will be big with just the big retailers.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
At my center all the on road supes have made known they aren't willing to work Sundays. So will there be flex supes(Dot certif) running these 22.4 drivers?
Will the 22.4 drivers unload and preload their own routes on sundays therefore not go not with 8 hour worth of work??
I honestly dont know nor do I fear uncertainty. I just focus on my safety today.

542thruNthru

At my center all the on road supes have made known they aren't willing to work Sundays. So will there be flex supes(Dot certif) running these 22.4 drivers?
Will the 22.4 drivers unload and preload their own routes on sundays therefore not go not with 8 hour worth of work??
I honestly dont know nor do I fear uncertainty. I just focus on my safety today.

Your on roads will be replaced by someone that will work Sundays. They can let it be known all they want but UPS don't care.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
In what bizarro world do UPS on road supes get to decide where, when, or how much they work? They may be talking a big game, but if they are told they're working Sunday, and don't, they might as well not bother coming in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc...they'll be in the unemployment line.

Staydryitsraining

I could see a slight increase in overall volume, but is it really going to change the consumers ordering habits? If they want it, they are already ordering it. So in effect, they're just spreading 5 days of volume out across either 6 or 7 days. I would imagine any volume growth would be minimal. That's why a lot of centers either scrapped Saturdays or have yet to implement it at all.
Cheaper drivers are why saturdays were on hold. It was delayed 3 times here, it started 2 weeks ago.

How Now Brown Cow

Do you think we will be able to Grieve it if "no work is available" so they laid you off, but people are dispatched with OT? The way I see it is, if all the OT equalled more than 8 hours, then there was work available.

JustDeliverIt

Do you think we will be able to Grieve it if "no work is available" so they laid you off, but people are dispatched with OT? The way I see it is, if all the OT equalled more than 8 hours, then there was work available.

This was the same thing brought up at our local meeting about the contract. Either way, I believe the 22.4 language is not going anywhere. The line of "if work is available" has to be removed. 22.4 is guaranteed a 40 hour week but RPCD is not. Complete BS.

JustDeliverIt

That is speculation we don't know how many big retailers will be shipping out on Saturdays yet

I do pickups on Saturdays now, it's being offered. And there's not a lot coming in. Target seems to have the most brought back to the building, best buy not a lot. There weekly pickups are a whole lot more. Most of these places, they don't have their regular shipping/dock people work the weekends. As a result, not a lot goes on.

542thruNthru

I do pickups on Saturdays now, it's being offered. And there's not a lot coming in. Target seems to have the most brought back to the building, best buy not a lot. There weekly pickups are a whole lot more. Most of these places, they don't have their regular shipping/dock people work the weekends. As a result, not a lot goes on.

Only pick ups we do here are the UPS Stores. Like you said none of their shipping people work weekends. It will change I'm sure but not for a while.