When you retired what was your final day like?

textat3

I showed up and there was Chik Fil A, a nice UPS cake and lots of Management standing around but ignoring me. The meeting started and I thought this is nice….but then I realized it was “Founders Day”…..they never mentioned me. I worked til 845, was 3 hours over met up with some guys in the parking lot for a circle jerk and went home.

Shiftless

I showed up and there was Chik Fil A, a nice UPS cake and lots of Management standing around but ignoring me. The meeting started and I thought this is nice….but then I realized it was “Founders Day”…..they never mentioned me. I worked til 845, was 3 hours over met up with some guys in the parking lot for a circle jerk and went home.
Well, I would like to say "CONGRATULATIONS" you earned.

Now get busy and LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Karma...

In my feeder division the retiree came in and had a joint union-management gathering with cake, coffee and a few speeches..The steward and/or b.a almost always were there. The DM was a long time u.p.ser who had started as p.t and was a tractor/trailer driver from way back and never forgot where he came from.....

tourists24

Last day was TODAY........ Company had a ceremony (and a very nice breakfast layout) for 4 of us that are retiring. My local leadership came down to see me off. Made the rounds to everyone and get hugs and handshakes. It's a very surreal feeling, but I'm glad it's here. Next up::: Appalachian Trail thru hike

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Last day was TODAY........ Company had a ceremony (and a very nice breakfast layout) for 4 of us that are retiring. My local leadership came down to see me off. Made the rounds to everyone and get hugs and handshakes. It's a very surreal feeling, but I'm glad it's here. Next up::: Appalachian Trail thru hike
Welcome to the club! Nice job getting out of Dodge before the honey-doo list starts.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
At the time of retirement it seemed like a big deal
Now it's just a faint memory.
Seems like a lifetime ago even though it has only been 6 years.

Most glad that I went out as soon as possible.
There is a great world and life out there after UPS.

Shiftless

Congratulations!

How about a little detail? PT to FT? Jobs you did? How many years? What's the plan besides hiking?

I've been gone 17 years here real quick, best advice I can give you! Stay BUSY! YOU stop YOU drop!

tourists24

Congratulations!

How about a little detail? PT to FT? Jobs you did? How many years? What's the plan besides hiking?

I've been gone 17 years here real quick, best advice I can give you! Stay BUSY! YOU stop YOU drop!
Spent a few years PT, the rest of the time was all on a package car. I have no idea what happens when I get off the trail, but I'll have about 6 months out there to figure it out. I don't see myself completely retired; I'll do some kind of work somewhere til my wife is ready to leave her work. Then we're moving out in the sticks lol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Spent a few years PT, the rest of the time was all on a package car. I have no idea what happens when I get off the trail, but I'll have about 6 months out there to figure it out. I don't see myself completely retired; I'll do some kind of work somewhere til my wife is ready to leave her work. Then we're moving out in the sticks lol
Best of luck!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Congrats brother ,, Stay out of Massachusetts, your entire pension will go to taxes !!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
When I retired I told management I didn‘t want any recognition or even to mention I was leaving. I told the few drivers that I wanted to know and the rest are probably still wondering what happened to me. I slipped in the last morning I worked and no supervisor said anything to me and when I was done that evening I slipped out without seeing any supervisors. I haven‘t been back to that building nor do I ever plan on going back. I survived 39+ years at UPS flying under the radar and that was the way I wanted to leave.