When you thought ORION hit Rock Bottom...

BrownSnowFlake

... they pull out the shovel and start digging

1F478835-C972-4FEC-BE1B-DE3724B74088.jpeg

Hot Carl

Yeah, there's a couple routes I cover that have a lot of letterboxes that will do this sometimes as Orion "updates" throughout the day. I'm half tempted to actually do it. Would make for an interesting discussion with my center manager.

One other thing, word has spread quickly in my center that keeping one stop in PreRecord all day disables the Orion update feature. Seemed to work pretty well today. I'll have to keep testing it though to make sure that's actually what did it. Has anyone else tried this?

Overpaid Union Thug

... they pull out the shovel and start digging

View attachment 355631
That would definitely NOT deter me from my daily goal of 100% ORION compliance. Neither does mine when it has me go to multiple dead end roads twice (three times once day) while driving figure 8s up and down the main road they are all adjoined to.

Yeah, there's a couple routes I cover that have a lot of letterboxes that will do this sometimes as Orion "updates" throughout the day. I'm half tempted to actually do it. Would make for an interesting discussion with my center manager.

One other thing, word has spread quickly in my center that keeping one stop in PreRecord all day disables the Orion update feature. Seemed to work pretty well today. I'll have to keep testing it though to make sure that's actually what did it. Has anyone else tried this?
Why would you do that? Just let it do it’s thing, follow it, and then either enjoy the OT or watch your work load decrease.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yea it's always annoying orion scheduling stops with your air. Stops approaching businesses and pickups (at the wrong time). Essentially creating this spaghetti setup where it wants you weaving through the same neighborhood multiple times to complete a fraction of the deliveries. Also makes finding businesses in the board a pita.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
That would definitely NOT deter me from my daily goal of 100% ORION compliance. Neither does mine when it has me go to multiple dead end roads twice (three times once day) while driving figure 8s up and down the main road they are all adjoined to.

Why would you do that? Just let it do it’s thing, follow it, and then either enjoy the OT or watch your work load decrease.

What do you do when it brings you to a 1700 business pickup that is nowhere near ready at noon?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Show up. Then have the OMS schedule another pickup (I ask for a duplicate through the DIAD) at the proper time. If everyone did this, along with following ORION, it would force corporate to fix it.
Oh it’s getting fixed. It’s now optimizing miles on a center wide basis. Instead of route by route lol