Where is Your Retirement Destination?

satellitedriver

I pee in Clear Creek while trout fishing. Down stream in Boulder, Coors takes some of that water and brews beer. I don't drink Coors.:sick:
Every country boy knows you don't drink down stream from your horses.:beerhat:
Loved the old radio commercials for bear wiz beer made from the down stream waters in Colorado.
In Texas, Coors is called Colorado Kool Aid.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Living in California I have to agree it's a tax friendly state . Prop 13 ( real estate taxes ) helps a lot.
Our CA taxes come out to less than $200 a year.

But our expenses elsewhere are more. DMV fees. Water rates are higher than electricity by double.
Food is pricey but that may be everywhere.
Sales tax is about 9%.

Nevada is only 30 miles away and we thought about it since housing is much cheaper but the savings everywhere wouldnt be worth the hassle. Our home is paid for.
Sure we could pocket hundreds of thousands after selling and buying a home there in cash but all the headaches of moving.
Not worth it to us.

It's the political climate that drives us crazy. Seriously thought of moving to Idaho.
We have a daughter there.
Wish you would move somewhere with no internet access

oldngray

nowhere special
1-looters.jpg

satellitedriver

We looked at Florida but we decided the year-round heat, humidity, bugs, and alligators everywhere didn't sound like fun. I like Georgia where I was born because we do get a little change in the weather. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to live here either. I can drive a few hours in different directions to lay on the beach or hike in the mountains. I was born and grew up on the West side of Atlanta. We decided to build a new house in a Del Webb retirement community, we love here and have plenty to do. We moved about thirty miles South of Atlanta into an area that is still a little bit rural.
Sounds good.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I moved to Las Vegas and love it.Great weather,entertainment and food.Real Estate prices are great compared to other parts of the US and no state tax.My next move will be to the crematorium.
Things don't change soon with the snowpack and you'll have no water.