Where is Your Retirement Destination?

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru can keep his hippy Cali self out of both those places.
tenor-77.gif

satellitedriver

Coors still in business?

We used to marinate brisket with it. Sure wouldn't drink it....
I would never abuse my brisket in that manner.
Dry rib marinade over night in the fridge.
Drink quality beer in the mean time.
Let the brisket come to room temperature and put it on the smoker set at about 230 to 250 degrees, using a hickory, pecan, mesquite blend of wood.
Save the trimmings and make tallow, while drinking beer.
In about 6 to 7hrs, depending on the weight and quality, the internal temp should be about 170degrees.
Drink more beer and pour on some of the rendered tallow.
Wrap in aluminum foil for a quicker cook, or butcher paper for a different bark.
About 5hrs later. while drinking beer,
the brisket hits about 195 to 200 internal temp, wrap it towels and put it into a cooler to let it rest for about an hour, if serving your guests that day.
Oxymoronic to put hot things in a "cooler", but it works.
Drink more beer in the mean time.
If you are going to serve it the next day put it in the fridge fully wrapped. when cool enough.
Next day, heat an oven to 250 degrees, spread some of the reserve tallow on it and bring it up to a serving temp.
While drinking beer.
Takes about an hour to reheat, but I actually think it has more flavor the next day.
Just like a good soup, gumbo or stew.
Beer is for drinking, not marinating, IMHO.
Cheers.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Let the brisket come to room temperature and put it on the smoker set at about 230 to 250 degrees, using a hickory, pecan, mesquite blend of wood.
In about 6 to 7hrs, depending on the weight and quality, the internal temp should be about 170degrees.
Wrap in aluminum foil for a quicker cook, or butcher paper for a different bark.
the brisket hits about 195 to 200 internal temp, wrap it towels and put it into a cooler to let it rest for about an hour, if serving your guests that day.
If you are going to serve it the next day put it in the fridge fully wrapped. when cool enough.
Next day, heat an oven to 250 degrees, spread some of the reserve tallow on it and bring it up to a serving temp.
While drinking beer.
Takes about an hour to reheat, but I actually think it has more flavor the next day.
Cheers.
Merry Christmas

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Another Christmas filled with handling packages that are the grand kiddos.
Another cup of coffee.
Looking forward, Lord willing, to another year of retirement.
Keep working all you can Brothers and Sisters. Keep the check coming.
Merry Christmas to all and let's have a great year!

quad decade guy

While drinking beer.
Cheers.
Yeah...

It's that or rinsing out urinals...

I've actually turned down free Coors. The person was dumbfounded. "You don't want free beer?" "Nope" "Not that s###"