Where is Your Retirement Destination?

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Since I will be retiring soon I was wondering how many of you stayed where you're at or moved to your dream state (or country) after retirement. I do like my home state, but I'd like a different change of scenery.

So where is your destination? Did you make your dream reality?

Captain Qwark

Gettin the hell out of the northeast. Sick of snow and high taxes. Florida? Arizona?
I've been researching Florida and I hear a lot of what you just said in different forums. If only Florida weren't so humid I don't think I'd hesitate moving there. I hear the drivers are really bad too and the last thing I want to do is get in my car and be stuck in traffic all day.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've been researching Florida and I hear a lot of what you just said in different forums. If only Florida weren't so humid I don't think I'd hesitate moving there. I hear the drivers are really bad too and the last thing I want to do is get in my car and be stuck in traffic all day.
Humidity is definitely a factor

BigMoney

I moved to Las Vegas and love it.Great weather,entertainment and food.Real Estate prices are great compared to other parts of the US and no state tax.My next move will be to the crematorium.

Captain Qwark

I moved to Las Vegas and love it.Great weather,entertainment and food.Real Estate prices are great compared to other parts of the US and no state tax.My next move will be to the crematorium.
Nevada is on my list as well so this is good to know, thanks. Did you come from someplace cold? Anything you don't like about LV?

BigMoney

Came from Oregon were it rains too much and Portland has become a garbage dump.The only downside i see about Las Vegas is the way people drive so you really have to be a defensive driver.

oldngray

nowhere special
Stayed in Mn. --- We love freezing our asses off.
way_too_drunk_54.jpg

Shiftless

Been retired 16 plus years. Our Kid's and Grand Kid's are anchored here, so we are staying!

We are in our little sweet spot that gives us what we want weather wise and population size.
We can virtually play outside all year long with our Family and our toy's!

We can get on a major air line and fly out and return at 2 different airports one of which is so small
you can park your car for free, and is less than 30 minutes away, no crowds so it makes it easy for us
to fly away on trips without the hassle of a BIG airport constipation.

AINT MOVIN!

Man Ya Gotta Love Choices