Where will all the 22.4 drivers come from?

The 6-1 list is empty in my building(s). Nobody shows any interest in being a package car driver. Can that many off street hires really succeed to offset PTs that don’t want to drive?

Appvol

They want get anyone. My supervisor texted me this. I texted him about my 8hr request today.

"No. 36 routes on needed 38, need drivers, do you know anybody that wants a driving job? I got 8 route s on in (blank) county today and still need another"

Daf

They want get anyone. My supervisor texted me this. I texted him about my 8hr request today.

"No. 36 routes on needed 38, need drivers, do you know anybody that wants a driving job? I got 8 route s on in (blank) county today and still need another"
This is not your fault... or your problem... FILE

Appvol

I don't care. I will just do my job and file for my 8hr. It's just funny UPS can't get drivers because it sucks right now and the union could care less.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If 22.4 jobs are considered creating new FT jobs under the agreement(s) past and present, in number, does that mean the company and union can decide to eliminate 22.3 jobs as people leave and create new 22.4s in place?

If 22.4 jobs are considered creating new FT jobs under the agreement(s) past and present, in number, does that mean the company and union can decide to eliminate 22.3 jobs as people leave and create new 22.4s in place?
No. I think it’s the other side of the spectrum. I believe as RPCDs retire those jobs will be red circled and replaced with the 22.4s. That’s just brainstorming possibilities with what the company has in store for the upcoming chess match.

Skooney

No. I think it’s the other side of the spectrum. I believe as RPCDs retire those jobs will be red circled and replaced with the 22.4s. That’s just brainstorming possibilities with what the company has in store for the upcoming chess match.

Assuming that the 22.4’s equal the 25%, the company cannot just replace 5 retiring drivers with 5 22.4’s.

Add to that, the 25% limit is only for the next 5 years. the company WILL push for that number to go up. This will be the beginning of the end af driving as a career.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
in my district, you couldn't convince a PT to go FT with all the chik-fil-a in the world

off-the-street hires are lined up around the block

go figure

Box Ox

in my district, you couldn't convince a PT to go FT with all the chik-fil-a in the world

off-the-street hires are lined up around the block

go figure

Sort PTers do of course see and hear what the FTers have to deal with and often say “No thanks!”. Off-streeters have no idea but see dollar signs. I still have to go to help them sheet all of their businesses as missed at 7pm on their first day alone and then watch them not show up for work ever again.

Also, it will be epic to see how bad management screws up scheduling of drivers working different days over a 7 day rotation. Vacations, optionals, 8 hr requests with potentially a maximum amount of full time drivers on the road. Even if this gets imposed it will be a comedy of errors.

bowhnterdon

Assuming that the 22.4’s equal the 25%, the company cannot just replace 5 retiring drivers with 5 22.4’s.
Says who?? The contract? Yeah, right. File a Grievance to add to the stack of unsettled paperwork. Company will eat this Hybrid up and smile on the way to the Bank..

Heavy Package

There will be Hybrid Drivers and it is NOT a concession!!

-Denis T, 2018

vote-pig-meeting-18901305.jpg