Where will all the 22.4 drivers come from?

Heavy Package

Here's another important issue with the hybrid driver proposal. We are a decent sized center that puts out 60+ routes T-Th. M and friend we can put out anywhere from 47-55. Our current seniority list, however, is 85 drivers long.

Will all current M-friend drivers, let's say 75 of them, be protected RCPD's? We have many drivers who just double shift in the building. So then the company hires on 25% hybrid, let's say 15-16 hybrid drivers.

I see many hybrid drivers and full time drivers with lower seniority not even working a 40-hr / week schedule. Just being sent home or back in the building. This could actually be a big pay cut for centers who lost Amazon volume and are over-staffed with drivers in progression or lower seniority drivers, since you most likely will not have 5-days per week worth of work. If your center is understaffed with drivers, then Hybrids pull work at a lower wage rate and create division between drivers.

This contract needs to get voted down and the language tightened up.

PT Car Washer

Let’s be real here, there’s no room for 22.4’s right now with volume going to be dropping. Ups is not going to hire them any time soon in mass numbers and commit to the pension and healthcare costs that come with them.
I agree. Especially when UPS, at least in my building, are using 22.3 and PT air drivers as cover drivers. Gives management a lot of flexibility.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Here's another important issue with the hybrid driver proposal. We are a decent sized center that puts out 60+ routes T-Th. M and friend we can put out anywhere from 47-55. Our current seniority list, however, is 85 drivers long.

Will all current M-friend drivers, let's say 75 of them, be protected RCPD's? We have many drivers who just double shift in the building. So then the company hires on 25% hybrid, let's say 15-16 hybrid drivers.

I see many hybrid drivers and full time drivers with lower seniority not even working a 40-hr / week schedule. Just being sent home or back in the building. This could actually be a big pay cut for centers who lost Amazon volume and are over-staffed with drivers in progression or lower seniority drivers, since you most likely will not have 5-days per week worth of work. If your center is understaffed with drivers, then Hybrids pull work at a lower wage rate and create division between drivers.

This contract needs to get voted down and the language tightened up.
There’s no way In hell they are going to put on 22.4’s unless they have work for them... or at least on most days because these drivers will be able to collect unemployment.... the rpcd will bump back to the hub to get their hours....I personally don’t think we will see this army of 22.4’s coming out of the woodwork any time soon but eventually it will give ups the flexibility that they always cry about.. like they didn’t get enough flex from article 40 language over the years...

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
There’s no way In hell they are going to put on 22.4’s unless they have work for them... or at least on most days because these drivers will be able to collect unemployment.... the rpcd will bump back to the hub to get their hours....I personally don’t think we will see this army of 22.4’s coming out of the woodwork any time soon but eventually it will give ups the flexibility that they always cry about.. like they didn’t get enough flex from article 40 language over the years...
At some point all rpcd’s have to be converted back to M-friend. Saturday ground has to be delivered by someone. If not 22.4 then who?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
At some point all rpcd’s have to be converted back to M-friend. Saturday ground has to be delivered by someone. If not 22.4 then who?
I think if you were a regular driver and you liked a t-s schedule you should have had the choice to stay with it...

Bob11B

Add to that, the 25% limit is only for the next 5 years. the company WILL push for that number to go up. This will be the beginning of the end af driving as a career.
Agree 100%, this is why everyone should have voted no..UPS stuck their hand in the cookie jar and will continue to take more until FT drivers are obsolete.