Which courier are you

Oldfart

The person buying the tats. A person spends their money on tats and can't buy essentials. Did not realize I confused you so bad. LOL

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Never heard of a stop count sheet where I am. What exactly is that. We just load according to boundaries and balance the best we can and eat whatever lates the FO drivers can't help with.

A stop count sheet has your ideal stop counts based on when the sort goes down. If you have more stops than are indicated on the sheet, then the sheet is the most important document in the history of mankind and anything on it must be obeyed to the letter. Otherwise, it's just a sheet of paper with stuff on it.

Oldfart

A stop count sheet has your ideal stop counts based on when the sort goes down. If you have more stops than are indicated on the sheet, then the sheet is the most important document in the history of mankind and anything on it must be obeyed to the letter. Otherwise, it's just a sheet of paper with stuff on it.
Is piece count not taken into consideration? A 75 piece spike could change everything. Guess I don't know what I am missing.

dex 84

Isn't everyone one using DRA nowdays ?

We don't have it. We have had an engineer visiting periodically because roads is so messed up at our station and apparently he said it wouldn't be worth bothering to try and set up DRA for our station. He's probably right because every time he changes something it seems to get worse. Some loops have each driver having 10 or more stops a day that come down with their route number on them that they are blatantly not in their area. If you don't have someone pulling the belt that knows the split you really have to make sure you check every package in your truck by the end of sort...

!Retired!

The guy next to me finishes by 1400 EVERYDAY. Girl next to me and I finished at 1900 on Monday. Nothing is ever done about it. The two of us get OT whether we want it or not, while he is under 8 hours every day.
There's 3 of us in my loop. We all get roughly the same amount of stops (80-100) and our areas are similar in SPH. I'm out by 1400, they both punch out around 1530.
My brother's stepson doesn't have a pot to piss in yet he brags about how much he has spent on all of his tattoo's.

Absolute waste of money.
Well, he's the idiot.
A waste in your opinion
Nah....he's right, it IS a waste of money. There's better things I can spend this money on. But, I don't care.
Our station is DRA, but there's loops that DRA just won't work for one reason or another. My old station is still SRA.

dezguy

Is piece count not taken into consideration? A 75 piece spike could change everything. Guess I don't know what I am missing.

Nope. Even when we're at our stop count, if we get a bad address correction or a business unexpectedly closed, we're still required to do a reattempt. So, really, your stop count when leaving the station isn't your stop count. Not to mention the countless messages we get every day from the CSR's from people who call in asking for reattempts ranging from they were home and we didn't knock to they need their important package that was so important they couldn't bother to be home to sign for it.

Never heard of DRA.

dezguy

Stop count sheets and SPH numbers are the worst thing that ever happened to this company.

Before any of that bull:censored2: everyone used to check with other/help each other out. Everybody getting back around 6pm or so.

Now it's just a :censored2: free for all
I'm just following their policy, just like every one else at the station I'm at.

Before they started stop count sheets, everyone did their job and then some. Then they implemented stop count sheets because we're all not doing our job, in the company's eyes and productivity went way down because everyone did what the company wanted and stopped going out with extra stops.

I don't feel one bit sorry for their stupidity.

Purplepackage

I'm just following their policy, just like every one else at the station I'm at.

Before they started stop count sheets, everyone did their job and then some. Then they implemented stop count sheets because we're all not doing our job, in the company's eyes and productivity went way down because everyone did what the company wanted and stopped going out with extra stops.

I don't feel one bit sorry for their stupidity.

I get what you're saying but the stop count sheet is almost never correct.

It will say our mall guy only has 20 p2 because it groups the entire mall into 1 stop for p2, and then the take the other big office complexes he does and also group them into 1 stop. So 20 p2 turns into 70 pretty fast, it actually does that with every heavy buisness route

dezguy

I get what you're saying but the stop count sheet is almost never correct.

It will say our mall guy only has 20 p2 because it groups the entire mall into 1 stop for p2, and then the take the other big office complexes he does and also group them into 1 stop. So 20 p2 turns into 70 pretty fast, it actually does that with every heavy buisness route
Not my problem. They stopped listening to couriers a long time ago. They can fix their own :censored2: now.

Oldfart

Not about showing anyone anything. I may think it's stupid but I'm just a dumb courier. Tell how you want me to do the job and I'll do it that way. I'm doing exactly what they want me to do.
Excellent advice. Instead of stressing out over things, just punch, in do your job, punch out and don't worry bout it.

Funny thing is, I read on here about SRA and DRA. I have no idea what those are as well. I know they have something to do with Roads, but since I have never done that, I am not familiar with the applications.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Excellent advice. Instead of stressing out over things, just punch, in do your job, punch out and don't worry bout it.

Funny thing is, I read on here about SRA and DRA. I have no idea what those are as well. I know they have something to do with Roads, but since I have never done that, I am not familiar with the applications.

SRA/DRA are programs designed for route optimization. Our version is Orion, aka "delivering for dummies".