Whining Pissing Contest

M

moreluck

Oh boy, retirement really sucks. Nobody holds me accountable. I set my own schedule, work at my own pace and only if I feel like it. I have to go down to the coffee shop sometimes twice a day to have my frozen coffee drink. I get brain freezes sometimes when I sip it too fast. It was 75 degrees here today and the sun was shining all day. Life really sucks bigtime!!
wink.gif

R

rckfrd98

Im on vacation and am missing work so bad, that i day dream constantly about work!!!!!

K

kidlogic

Hey Moreluck...That is the way I deliver everyday. Well all but going to to the coffee shop . I go three times.hehhehe.. My last run I flew in a plane to my run to an island of the coast of Maine. Then they changed it to a ferry ride 1hour 15 minutes one way. Some days I would do 30 stops 65 peices. Now thats living!!!!!

D

dammor

I have always had a problem with the fact that we are are required to wear black or brown shoes. It doesn't bother me so much in the winter, but summertime is really hard for me. My fashion sense tells me that summertime is when we should be in brightly colored footwear. I have stuffed this issue for years, but this seems the perfect forum for me to finally speak my mind. I will throw caution to the wind. Next summer the sandals are coming out and I will finally be free. Thank you all so much for letting me vent.

J

jcroche

No problem with the sandals - just make sure they're shined!
proud.gif

BTW - make sure you are wearing UPS approved socks though.

jcr

T

tieguy

And while your at it whats with the ups approved short socks . Older guys should be allowed to wear black socks up to their knees.

U

upsdude

I had to sit down this morning and select 4 weeks vacation for next year! Fifteen friggin years with UPS and they make you take 4 weeks vacation. A friend of mine has been with his company 20 years and they only make him take 2 weeks of vacation. And another thing! I have to figure out how to use up 5 sick days and 5 PH days next year too. UPS sux!

I almost forgot. It rained yesterday and a couple of rain drops hit me while driving with the side doors open. We need a rain protection clause in the contract.

R

rckfrd98

I can't wait. 2 days left on vacation and back to work I go. I bet the center is falling apart witout ME around!

D

dammor

I recieved a call from the center this morning.They wanted to know if I would like to take the day off. Can ya'll believe that? They tried to make me think they had enough people and were merely being kind to me. Those evil people don't fool me. No Way. What they were really saying was "We don't need you." I am waiting to hear from my therapist and and hoping she will be able to talk me through this. Meanwhile I guess I'll go out back and rake the leaves.

M

moreluck

Hubby had to golf 9 holes this morning and 18 holes this afternoon!! This stuff is too hard, but somebody's got to do it. Will he ever get any relief from this nerve-wracking schedule of drudgery ??
blagube.gif

D

dammor

moreluck,

I feel your pain........Oh how I wish.

(Message edited by dammor on November 07, 2002)

J

jcroche

moreluck:

Earlier you made a post concerning your hubby having to golf both in the morning and the afternoon and stated, "Will he ever get any relief from this nerve-wracking schedule of drudgery ??".

You, and only you, are to blame for him being subjected to this insidious form of torture.
Obviously you have not read the "Official Manual for the Wife of a Retiree".

Please obtain a copy ASAP and peruse Chapter III, "Nagging and Honeydew Lists". Once you have become proficient in the techniques described, not only will he no longer be subjected to golfing in the AM & PM, but the only words you will ever hear from him will be "Yes Dear".

Luckily I don't golf, as my wife memorized the manual five years before I retired.

jcr

J

jcroche

What's up with all these fancy-smancy tractors the Company is buying now?

Power steering, cruise control, air conditioning, vertical exhaust stacks, noise proofing and the list goes on and on. It's like driving an oversized SUV these days. I'm suprised I haven't seen one of those soccerball decals in the back window of some of them.

Real truck drivers don't need all these frills to be "a king of the road".

BRING BACK THE DIAMOND-REOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcr

M

moreluck

jcroche

Is that manual available through my Doubleday Book Club ??

J

jcroche

Beats me!

I've thrown it in the fireplace 3X, and she always
comes up with another copy!

M

moreluck

It is raining in SoCal! This is the first rain since last May.
Why does it always have to rain on me? Why does my day have to be gray? I pay extremely high property taxes and that should guarantee me no rainy days. Woe is me! Don't they know I can't walk and chew gum and carry an umbrella all at the same time....not to mention smoke a cigarette and carry my bottled water too.

F

feederdryver

Here's a good one....

I asked my supervisor about going back to plastic rain guards on the back of our trailers, to protect our customers packages from the water that seeps inside from the back door (like we used to have back in 1990 when I was a wealthy $15k a year part time loader).... he just said "naaaa too expensive, but please, keep giving us your input"...
Now thats funny !!!!....

hmmm now where's that cup of coffee I just made....

Good idea for this thread Peacock... I feel better already.

Have a nice day.

F

feederdryver

I got your peter right here punk !
How about I lynch you with that tie of yours?

D

dammor

Perhaps you two should get a room and get it over with. Seems the infection has spread to every site. I'm glad I'm not that angry all the time. It's unhealthy.......