Whining Pissing Contest

F

feederdryver

Dammor-

Ummmmmm, guess what?
I'm "not" that angry all the time. Maybe a little sarcastically peeved..but not angry.

Thanks for the assumption though.

Ciao

T

tieguy

Nope your too stupid to be angry. Heck you don't even know your earning benifit money.

P

peacock71

Nice to see we got the sup and the driver out here in the woodshed where issues can truly be resolved!

Go UPS
P71
lol.gif

V

vgpa

You can only bend over if you're Greek!
wink4.gif
You know the saying, "Don't knock it" and you can finish the rest. I don't want Cheryl coming after me.....

J

jcroche

From moreluck:

this thread definitely needs more WHINING!!!
blagube.gif

OK, moreluck,I've got some SERIOUS whining for you!!!!!!!!!!

Just how in he11 am I supposed to maintain seperate houses in the Midwest and the Sierra Nevada on the piddling pension UPS pays me?
wink.gif

I was making a damn good living sitting on my butt in front of a computer screen at work. Now that I'm retired, I'm still sitting on my butt in front of a computer screen and making a little(but not much)less for doing nothing work related. Oh, the inhumanity!

I might have to find a part-time job so I can afford to play those "50 Play Video Poker" machines like the one that you won on.
lol.gif

jcr
icon46.gif

L

lr1937

Had to play golf in 70 degree weather. Guess what. The fairways were a bit soggy and my shoes got dirty and it was cart paths only. I had to wipe my balls? on 5 separate occasions. In addition I got mud all over my pants cuffs and lost at least 100yds per drive because of the fairway condition. No rest for the weary.

P

peacock71

Had to fly home from Atlanta this afternoon. It took longer to drive down Ga 400 and 75/85 to the Airport (2.5 hours) than it did to fly to Newark. Does everyone with a car in Atlanta go berserk when it rains? I must have seen 10 accidents (no they are Wrai..acks) in the 33 miles.
Nearly missed my flight.

Go UPS!
P71
sad2.gif

P

peacock71

LR:

I always clean my balls before I play. Saves embarassment.

P71
lol.gif

T

traveler

Hey jcroche, you think you have problems. I just returned from Cancun, Mexico and it's in the 70's back here in Florida. Problem is it's RAINING. How could that be in the Sunshine State? Since Floridians added protection of pregnant pigs to the State Constitution I can't see any reason not to include sunshine every day... they could legislate rain at night only.
kiss.gif

Now to my real problem, just before I left for Mexico
icon46.gif
my travel agent called and said my trip to Bali this coming week was cancelled! Now we will have to stay in Florida this winter until our next trip in March. How boring retirement can be just boating, fishing and enjoying my grandsons every day.

And you guys thought peak season was tough!
icon41.gif

F

feederdude

traveler,
Hang in there. I feel your pain, but this problem
you have is very normal. A recent study by the
institute of "I'm SO JEALOUS", shows that 9 out of 10 UPSers feel the need to tie your socks into knots. Enjoy your Grandchildren for me.
Have a great holiday season pal.
Feederdude

A

archibald

Hey traveler, not to be negative in this wonderfull thread, but two friends of mine (retired drivers) were involved in an accident this week. Thank god they are ok but it just made me want to tell you to hug the grandchildren a little tighter every chance you get. they travel to see family alot also so it scared us all till we knew they were ok. Enjoy your retirement everybody, you earned every minute of it!!!!
cheers.gif

T

traveler

Hi trouble1903,
So true! When I started at UPS I was 6 foot 2. When I left, I was only 5 foot 9. Twenty-five years each took about one tenth of an inch each. Guess it all came off the top.
wink4.gif

feederdude,
I stopped wearing a watch and only twice wore a tie in the last 12 years. Guess I'll have to stop wearing socks now too since you guys will be knotting them up.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the good wishes!!! Always huggin the grandkids!!!

archibald,
One of my best friends at UPS was killed in an auto accident about 14 years ago. I think I have lived a little differently ever since that time. I try to make every day a new adventure. Also I enjoy life with my wife, children (when I see them) and grandchildren (thankfully most every day).
cheers.gif

M

moreluck

It was 86 degrees here in sunny S. Cal. I had to get out the windex to shine my sunglasses. I had to drive the coast highway from San Clemente to Dana Pt. and on home with that distracting old ocean on my left side the entire way. Hubby and I visited a senior community in San Clemente and we had to buy a house there....someone had to do it. Now we have to sell our present home and the housing market has only doubled here....damn! Things just never seem to go right.
blagube.gif

D

dammor

It would seem this site has been taken over by the retired ones. Damn,I'm jealous. I'm close, but not as close as I would like to be. You guys make it sound like you are rolling in the clover.
From what I hear of the retirement plan my clover will not be quite as sweet as ya'lls. Now that's some whining...

J

jcroche

dammor posted:

"It would seem this site has been taken over by the retired ones. Damn,I'm jealous...."

dammor, don't be jealous. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.
icon45.gif

Back when we were "productive" employees, we ALL had our personal "whining and pissing contests". The only problem back then was that we had no one to "whine and piss" to, other than our fellow employees. Thank --- for small favors, or else I wouldn't be here today posting on "How Bad I've Got it as a Retiree" (aka "Whining Pissing Contest) on the Brown Cafe Bulletin Board.

Regarding YOUR retirement plan, are you hourly or management?

Clover?

It depends on how much you plant and when you reap.

jcr