Whining Pissing Contest

D

dammor

jroche,

I am hourly. I have 23 years in, but 3 and 1/2 of that was part time. My understanding is that I will need 30 to retire with decent insurance. That is a must in this household, so I guess I have several more years to whine. :-)) I agree with you on the planting & reaping. I am looking forward to the reaping part. Enjoy!

J

johnny_b

Sometimes, when I am sorting, I get thirsty. I yell to the bartender to bring me a Bud Light and give him a dollar. He comes back with a Coke! Sometimes, he doesn't bring me anything... things will slow down... and he didn't even bring me the gosh darn coke! He says something about 'supervising'????? I have to take my dollar back and get it MYSELF! The bugger then says something like, "Don't take no 20 minutes, be back quickly." I very rarely tip him, and if I do all he gets is a dime.

P

peacock71

Yesterday, there were too many guys in the men's room when I had to go. I had to find another bathroom. Maybe that's a measure of having too much dead wood and consultants around, the % of staff occupying the rest rooms at any one time.

Go UPS!
P71
lol.gif

W

wkmac

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, very passable, that, very passable bit of risotto.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Nothing like a good glass of Chteau de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You're right there, Obediah.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chteau de Chasselas, eh?

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In them days we was glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
A cup o' cold tea.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Without milk or sugar.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Or tea.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In a cracked cup, an' all.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we never had a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son".

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was right.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpolin, but it was a house to us.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Cardboard box?

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL:
They won't!

Monty Python - The Four Yorshiremen

M

moreluck

I just had to spend 8 long days in Hawaii and didn't get my Thanksgiving turkey...had to eat Kalua pork instead. It didn't even rain one time, so hubby had to golf everyday. I guess somebody had to do it.
wink.gif

P

peacock71

Snowing in NJ, my feet might get cold walking to my car...

Go UPS!
P71
icon41.gif

R

rushfan

I went to a doctor, one of those ones who specializes on "south end" problems. I am a "flex driver" waiting for my own route. It had been about a year since delivering on that route, so I thought I would be safe choosing his office to visit. I presented the necessary papers, and went back for the visit. Upon completing the visit, the receptionist looked at the paperwork, then at me with a big smile. She said, "It's been a while since you have delivered to our office". Now when the regular driver is on vacation, it seems as though i'm always on that route. I have to build up enough courage to deliver their packages.

(Message edited by rushfan on December 05, 2002)

D

dannyboy

Kinda on the subject....

HAve a driver that is a cross between mccaffee and a jackass. One of those that NOBODY can stand, not even his wives.

THey were doing some plumbing work at the center and had just cut the water back on. HE used the urinal and hit the flusher. It just so happens that the water line has a large amount of air behind the water and it shot out so hard that it shot the "water" in the bowl all over him. He was soaked from head to toe. Couldn't help myself
lol.gif

d

D

dannyboy

He has had 3, and working on #4, but not at the same time
wink4.gif
, at least as far as I know. PAying a pile of child support too!

d

J

jcroche

icon19.gif

Is it "Peak" yet?

For the first time in 35 years, I am actually looking forward to Christmas,
biggrin.gif
but at the same time feeling a bit sorry that I am no longer part of the "Big Picture". Talk about mixed emotions!!!!!!
icon99.gif

jcr

T

tieguy

A little off topic for this thread but is anyone else getting their doors blown off? Its like someone turned on the flood gates for us.

F

feederdryver

Damn Browns almost gave me a heart attack last Sunday! No, not the UPS Browns !!!! The CLEVELAND BROWNS !!!!! heh
Steelers Suck !!!