White Folks Pandering

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
C’mon now. Class envy wil always exist but there was a time when a single worker in the household could comfortably afford to raise a family. And that was the norm. We’re a long way from that now.
There's a direct correlation between women entering the workforce, and the necessity now for a two income household.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Not sure what part is hard for you to understand. We haven’t been paying as we go because we hate taxes. Who is going to pay for what we haven’t paid for? If we as a society haven’t paid for it, we as individuals (rugged or not) haven’t either.
OK
You appeared to be responding to my post since you quoted it.
I wasn’t remotely talking about anything close to the subject of response.

bbsam

Staff member
No matter if we collect X taxes under this president, or Y taxes under that president, we spend more than we take in. We should do an across the board cut on everything until we balance the budget and then some to pay down the debt, but no one wants to take the political hit.
I still think some future generation will just confiscate Social Secity.

bbsam

Staff member
OK
You appeared to be responding to my post since you quoted it.
I wasn’t remotely talking about anything close to the subject of response.
I think you were. Anyone that considers themselves or their generation somehow more fiscally responsible than another is being myopic.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I think you were. Anyone that considers themselves or their generation somehow more fiscally responsible than another is being myopic.
And I have never remotely thought that.
I understand you always tend or absolutely think of things in terms of groups.
I rarely do and I was not in any of my posts to which you responded.

I absolutely consider myself more fiscally responsible than most people.
That's why I could retire at 58 and live a life that is way below my means.
I have money to help others out that are in hard times ... about $30K so far this year.

Last edited:

newfie

previous generations were pretty much forced to be more responsible. Credit was harder to get and your credit history was part of your employment application.

not to mention the wars and depressions that taught you the importance of saving a nickle when you had one.

floridays

And I have never remotely thought that.
I understand you always tend or absolutely think of things in terms of groups.
I rarely do and I was not in any of my posts to which you responded.

I absolutely consider myself more fiscally responsible than most people.
That's why I could retire at 58 and live a life that is way below my means.
I have money to help others out that are in hard times ... about $30K so far this year.
I didn't get my check yet big, nice fella. Maybe the postal service misplaced it.
Still waiting for that box of used underwear like Brother Bill used to donate and get the tax deduction for.

bbsam

Staff member
previous generations were pretty much forced to be more responsible. Credit was harder to get and your credit history was part of your employment application.

not to mention the wars and depressions that taught you the importance of saving a nickle when you had one.
So we (our government that sets monetary policy) has given us permission to live wantonly and wastefully and pass the expense off to future generations. And some like @Old Man Jingles wants to suggest there is anything remotely responsible about this country’s citizens/taxpayers? That’s insane.

bbsam

Staff member
What's there to confiscate? In as early as ten years there will only be what is taken in with payroll taxes.
Don’t pay it out. Personally I think they should use it to pay down the debt we’ve been compiling over the decades.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So we (our government that sets monetary policy) has given us permission to live wantonly and wastefully and pass the expense off to future generations. And some like @Old Man Jingles wants to suggest there is anything remotely responsible about this country’s citizens/taxpayers? That’s insane.
The government ain't done s:censored2:t in regards to individual fiscal responsibility.

Input - Spending = Amount of wealth

vantexan

Don’t pay it out. Personally I think they should use it to pay down the debt we’ve been compiling over the decades.
Only they won't. It'll be a new source to fund buying votes. You think impoverishing tens of millions of seniors too old to work is a good idea? Take their work contributions for decades and give nothing back?

bbsam

Staff member
Only they won't. It'll be a new source to fund buying votes. You think impoverishing tens of millions of seniors too old to work is a good idea? Take their work contributions for decades and give nothing back?
Absolutely. The generations that took us into Iraq and Afghanistan should be the ones paying for it.