White Folks Pandering

bbsam

Staff member
You mean pay it back? Because it was taken from us with the sole intent and promise to pay it BACK.
Not with the intention that we not pay other bills. I mean, I could skip paying taxes for 5 years and have a big fat bank account. Doesn’t make it mine.

vantexan

Absolutely. The generations that took us into Iraq and Afghanistan should be the ones paying for it.
Gave younger generations a chance to see the world and do better than working at McDonald's. Yes I'm kidding. But the thing you should consider is a lot of people over those decades benefited from government programs that kept them afloat. Those programs were paid for by those who worked. Not to mention a lot of those SS recipients worked for business owners who pushed them to accept as little as possible in pay and benefits with few options to better themselves. So SS is their primary source of income and they're no more responsible for what the government chooses to do than you are. If SS is taken away then every other program assisting people needs to be taken away also. Everything. Black single mom with three kids? No more assistance. One standard for everyone.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not with the intention that we not pay other bills. I mean, I could skip paying taxes for 5 years and have a big fat bank account. Doesn’t make it mine.
So if your bank convinced or coerced you into depositing your money into an interest bearing account, with the promise that your money would be returned to you as an annuity, then told you that they paid their bills with it instead, you'd be okay with that.

:bsbullf:

newfie

So we (our government that sets monetary policy) has given us permission to live wantonly and wastefully and pass the expense off to future generations. And some like @Old Man Jingles wants to suggest there is anything remotely responsible about this country’s citizens/taxpayers? That’s insane.

you seem to be looking for an combatant to argue with. I was simply commenting on the fact you really didnt have a choice in the old days without providing any other insight on todays finances.

you may now return to pleasuring yourself until a suitable partner is found.

vantexan

The Asheville City Council approved reparations of some sort but they want NC and the Federal government to pay for it. Lol.
Every black in the country should travel to Asheville right now and ask for their money.

floridays

The Asheville City Council approved reparations of some sort but they want NC and the Federal government to pay for it. Lol.
When one repents they do it on their own, in their own time.

The city council cannot repent for the city, nor hold anyone else responsible, morally. I read the article, each named that holds these views must do the meat of repentance for themselves. I'll believe this is no more than grandstanding when they open their individual billfolds and pocketbooks and do the work of repentance, in the manner they deem satisfactory, alone and in private.

Until then, piss on them.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Anybody seen the rebranded Aunt Jemima products?

Here & Now
Sep 22, 2020

Quaker Oats announced earlier this year it's rebranding Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup because of its racist history.

But descendants of Lillian Richard, who portrayed Aunt Jemima for years, say the company decided to rename the brand without consulting the families of the women who brought the character to life.
While Vera Harris, Richard’s niece, supports the decision and the Black Lives Matter movement, Aunt Jemima represents a part of history for her family and the town of Hawkins, Texas.
“Erasing my Aunt Lillian Richard would erase a part of history,” says Harris, who serves as family historian for the Richard family of Hawkins. “All of the people in my family are happy and proud of Aunt Lillian and what she accomplished.”

Quaker Oats didn’t consult the Richard family before announcing their decision to rebrand, but Harris says they have since reached out to the company about preserving Richard’s legacy.
After all, Richard and the other Black women who played Aunt Jemima helped build the Quaker Oats brand.
“For that, I think Quaker Oaks owes them a large gratitude of thanks,” she says.