Whitney Houston dies aged 48

bbsam

Staff member
I'm a bit angry.....although no one seems to have control of when they die (except some)......The Grammy Awards show is scrambling to do a memorial thingy for Whitney...............................They were planning to do it up for Etta James and have a salute to her career...................well, that'll be cut to make room for a druggie now. That part angers me.
Aren't they trading one druggie for another?

wkmac

Just about all musicians do drugs.....
Etta James reason was leukemia. Either way, the show is a certain amount of minutes and Etta's salute will have to be cut short to accomodate the Whitney.
Either way I'll be watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Go NeNe , Candy, Phaedra, Sheree and Kim!!

Etta James Dead at 73, Leukemia Confirmed Cause of Death

There you go being gullible again but then I doubt very seriously you know that many musicians personally. I know a number of them personally and I'll just leave it at that!

moreluck

golden ticket member
There you go being gullible again but then I doubt very seriously you know that many musicians personally. I know a number of them personally and I'll just leave it at that!
My knowing musicians was in the 60's and what I said was very true then! Not the classical crowd.
Explain Janis, Bob Dylan, and the like.

texan

Seems extreme talent has a price for some.
Janis Joplin
Jimmy Hendrix
Robert Johnson
Rudy Lewis
Brian Jones
Alan Wison
Jim Morris
Pete Ham
Gary Thain
Kurt Kobain
Judy Garland
Amy Winehouse
Michael Jackson
Marilyn Monroe
Elvis Presley
John Belushi
Van Gogh and on and on it the list goes.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Alcoholism and drug abuse are diseases yes, but not one that came on without notice. AS faded said, Life is all about choices. They chose to make themselves sick, and there is help available.........Stop before it is too late. Other diseases dont have that option.
Sad yes, young beautiful, could have had it all. I have little sympathy.

rod

Retired 22 years
Amy Winehouse
Whitney Houston
Lindsay
Charlie
Demi
dozens more:

They all had the world by the nads at one time and blew it (or are in the process of blowing it). You won't see me shedding any tears. Its such a load of crap when these talented people self destruct and half the world suddenly decides to worships them.

wkmac

My knowing musicians was in the 60's and what I said was very true then! Not the classical crowd.
Explain Janis, Bob Dylan, and the like.

But you specifically said, "just about all musicians" which would mean that most of these "musicians" fall under your blanket statement.

Seattle-Symphony-01.jpg

and these musicians too?

Church_choir_105.jpg

As I said, "gullible!"

BTW: In about an hour I'm leaving to go watch 2 of my kids perform in an afternoon jazz concert with this guy directing (no druggie or even drinks) and then tonight they will perform with the largest youth symphony in the SE US. And I guess you are going to suggest that after the concert we're going out partying? We do have a blast at the local Taco Mac but I can assure you the strongest thing at the table will be my son's favorite drink of Root Beer!
Seattle-Symphony-01.jpg
Church_choir_105.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
But you specifically said, "just about all musicians" which would mean that most of these "musicians" fall under your blanket statement.

View attachment 6491

and these musicians too?

View attachment 6492

As I said, "gullible!"

BTW: In about an hour I'm leaving to go watch 2 of my kids perform in an afternoon jazz concert with this guy directing (no druggie or even drinks) and then tonight they will perform with the largest youth symphony in the SE US. And I guess you are going to suggest that after the concert we're going out partying? We do have a blast at the local Taco Mac but I can assure you the strongest thing at the table will be my son's favorite drink of Root Beer!

'Just about' is not a definitive amount.

I was referring to professional rock type musicians.....not the chamber music or symphony music or opera music.....do I really have to name all of them. Church choirs usually aren't professional........except maybe the Harlem Gospel Choir probably paid for their appearances on various shows..

I was talking about rock & Roll......................Woodstock?

It's amazing we got through an entire psychedelic era and no one was on drugs. Wow, I guess I am gullible. There were no drugs in the 60's and around Rock & Roll musicians at that time....silly me!!
So did Charlie and his people play checkers at the Spahn ranch??

bbsam

Staff member
Alcoholism and drug abuse are diseases yes, but not one that came on without notice. AS faded said, Life is all about choices. They chose to make themselves sick, and there is help available.........Stop before it is too late. Other diseases dont have that option.
Sad yes, young beautiful, could have had it all. I have little sympathy.
"You don't understand! I'm not like them," said everyone who has ever been approached with the stark reality.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And I have known more than a few. Not famous, but.......
One guy trying to replace his addiction to cocaine, with alcohol, told me "are you my friend or my mother"
Never to be heard from again. Lost his fatherhood and family.
A brother who actually called me last night, havent heard from him in years, had a nice convo, maybe even meet up shortly, told me I was right, after 15 yrs, felt good, but took a while.
I am not saying Im lily white, I do drink, but I dont let it affect my life. I dont do drugs as I have never seen anything good come from it. Why would you ingest or shoot in a vein, something so un natural? Why would you take so many pills..................why would you drink til you puke, and drown in your vomit. does not sound like fun to me.
I dont claim I am right about anything, life is tough only the strong survive.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Whitney Houston's Super Bowl rendition of national anthem was a fraud - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im sure I am wrong, Klein will tell me.
yes we all have demons and monsters.
The truth is in the end result. fight or lose. She lost, only the strong survive.