Who’s Switching Routes? (On Topic)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Seniority should always prevail. Not just within a classification or job. No one should EVER lose seniority by switching jobs and no one should EVER lose seniority to a junior/new employee. That is the worst of the two.

A good example is an off the street hire having instant seniority over someone that’s already been with the company for years. Or even a day more for that matter. That is BS.
Lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
bidrouteclinteastwood.jpg

Johney

an old timer gave me the best advice and told me not to judge a route on how the load looks in the morning.
A guy with one day more seniority than me bumped me off my package route I'd been on for 8 years. He would walk by in the morning and see how empty it looked when there was 160 stops and around 175 packages.I tried to tell him he wouldn't like it."Yea sure you just don't want me taking your route". His old route had 350 packages and maybe 65 commercial stops with 30 pickups mine had 15. Now keep in mind his truck was empty by noon and mine looked like you hadn't delivered a thing. He hated it. Too many streets to remember, always having to try and give up air cause he couldn't remember all the streets and where they were. Jumping in and out of the truck 300+ times a day, something he was far from use to doing. I just laughed and said "I told you."

trickpony1

Years ago a senior feeder driver who was/is widely known as being an A whole bumped me off my CPU/local run. He even stated, as he signed the bid sheet, that he was gonna make life miserable for me.

A short time later I found out he hates the run and none of the customers like him.

Karma...gotta love it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Had a route that was mostly residential with random farms, garden centers, well driller, welding shop, auto repair shops in the country.
Mix of tight in town stuff and rural 5 to 8 SPH stuff.
Was a good route virtually stress free.
75 to 85 stops with 100 to 125 packages
150 to 190 miles a day.
Got bumped off by a guy with a heavy industry route.
I took his route 45 to 55 stops 1 bulk stop with a Cattle Car 1st then the rest out of a 1200 with 500 to 700 packages 53 pickups

He lasted 1 winter on my old route got fired in the spring for Falsifying Delivery Records.

Overpaid Union Thug

A guy with one day more seniority than me bumped me off my package route I'd been on for 8 years. He would walk by in the morning and see how empty it looked when there was 160 stops and around 175 packages.I tried to tell him he wouldn't like it."Yea sure you just don't want me taking your route". His old route had 350 packages and maybe 65 commercial stops with 30 pickups mine had 15. Now keep in mind his truck was empty by noon and mine looked like you hadn't delivered a thing. He hated it. Too many streets to remember, always having to try and give up air cause he couldn't remember all the streets and where they were. Jumping in and out of the truck 300+ times a day, something he was far from use to doing. I just laughed and said "I told you."

It’s easier for cowards to bump someone than fix the route they’re already on. But they always end up :censored2: up whatever route they’re on so it’s kinda pointless. They will never learn.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Y
It’s easier for cowards to bump someone than fix the route they’re already on. But they always end up :censored2: up whatever route they’re on so it’s kinda pointless. They will never learn.
It takes discipline to maintain or fix a route. Most people don't have it. The last 2 routes I left now have 20-30 more stops. I laugh every time I look at those guys. I always remind them of my stop count.

Overpaid Union Thug

Y

It takes discipline to maintain or fix a route. Most people don't have it. The last 2 routes I left now have 20-30 more stops. I laugh every time I look at those guys. I always remind them of my stop count.
It’s rather easy. The first step is learning the methods. The second is simply not giving a flip about their numbers anymore. I’m always asked how I’ve been able to turn my route into “such a sweet route” because everyone remembers how many stops it had before I took over. The cover drivers get AT LEAST thirty more stops as long as the dispatcher knows I’m off ahead of time. They can’t figure out why. LOL.

Last edited: