Who’s Switching Routes? (On Topic)

JustDeliverIt

How will you get bumped back out on the road from a 22.2 position?

When we bid here, those go up next to the routes to rebid every 2 years for the drivers to bid on. But they are listed as "Inside Driver Jobs" (or something close to that, don't remember the exact phrase they used) and are usually scooped up quick by the higher seniority drivers. At least that is how it was this last bid and the last one was my first bid, but others have told me that it is the norm. So I don't expect there to be any available when it gets down to me again.

Because he’s lying if he thinks we believe no one realizes what a 22.2 bid is.

You'd be surprised how many drivers have seen me and asked why/how I got inside. When I explained that the bid sheet was hanging in the hall with the other routes to bid, but listed as a 22.2 position, not an "Inside Driver Job", they didn't know what that meant.

So yes, a lot of drivers didn't realize what a 22.2 meant because it wasn't explained to them. Good thing I did.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When we bid here, those go up next to the routes to rebid every 2 years for the drivers to bid on. But they are listed as "Inside Driver Jobs" (or something close to that, don't remember the exact phrase they used) and are usually scooped up quick by the higher seniority drivers. At least that is how it was this last bid and the last one was my first bid, but others have told me that it is the norm. So I don't expect there to be any available when it gets down to me again.

You'd be surprised how many drivers have seen me and asked why/how I got inside. When I explained that the bid sheet was hanging in the hall with the other routes to bid, but listed as a 22.2 position, not an "Inside Driver Job", they didn't know what that meant.

So yes, a lot of drivers didn't realize what a 22.2 meant because it wasn't explained to them. Good thing I did.
So every 2 years drivers get to bid on any job in a different classification? What supplement is this? I think you're mistaken about something but I'd like to see the language.

JustDeliverIt

So every 2 years drivers get to bid on any job in a different classification? What supplement is this? I think you're mistaken about something but I'd like to see the language.

I'm in Upstate NY. All FT bids for feeder, package and 22.2 are listed and the bidding starts top down every 2 years. As long as your qualified, you can bid whatever you want. Again, last year was my first bid but was told it was that way every time. Didn't really question it but with all the different supplements and stuff imagine everywhere could be different.

hegro

Bid for life, I am only 3 years in and looking for a new route. Probably will still be a few years before I can drastically improve on the route that I have now. My route is only in Tues-Fri but would really like to have a good Mon-Fri route. Been watching all the better routes coming up for bid being taken by people with 10-15 yrs seniority. Will probably still be a while but stuff has been popping up every week as people get resettled.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've survived this long by treating my coworkers the way I want to be treated...this ain't middle school.

Save the playing games and being a dick for management.
Nah, not sure what your center is like but most of us can take and dish out razing. Sounds like your center is miserable and can’t mess around.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm in Upstate NY. All FT bids for feeder, package and 22.2 are listed and the bidding starts top down every 2 years. As long as your qualified, you can bid whatever you want. Again, last year was my first bid but was told it was that way every time. Didn't really question it but with all the different supplements and stuff imagine everywhere could be different.
This is the best way. Does your supplement have classification seniority? I would think not if everything is bid like that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Lol......feeders is absolutely horrible.

It's like a bunch of 6th grade girls.
Gotcha. Everyone around here just screws around with each other. Most of the guys know it’s horse :censored2:, but it still puts them on edge so they go in protect mode. Usually going around saying “Yeah man, my route is trash, I don’t care if I get bid off” or my personal favorite “it’s fine if Jack bids on my route, he’s missing out on (throw another driver under the bus) route, that thing is a cake route”.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bid for life, I am only 3 years in and looking for a new route. Probably will still be a few years before I can drastically improve on the route that I have now. My route is only in Tues-Fri but would really like to have a good Mon-Fri route. Been watching all the better routes coming up for bid being taken by people with 10-15 yrs seniority. Will probably still be a while but stuff has been popping up every week as people get resettled.

what do you do on Monday’s?

govols019

You smell that?
Gotcha. Everyone around here just screws around with each other. Most of the guys know it’s horse :censored2:, but it still puts them on edge so they go in protect mode. Usually going around saying “Yeah man, my route is trash, I don’t care if I get bid off” or my personal favorite “it’s fine if Jack bids on my route, he’s missing out on (throw another driver under the bus) route, that thing is a cake route”.

I just don't get enjoyment out of screwing with my coworkers...when I was in package and was gonna bump a guy during the bid I'd let him know about a month before so he could figure out what he was going to do. I do the same thing in feeders.

Like I said, I save the game playing for management.

Overpaid Union Thug

I just don't get enjoyment out of screwing with my coworkers...when I was in package and was gonna bump a guy during the bid I'd let him know about a month before so he could figure out what he was going to do. I do the same thing in feeders.

Like I said, I save the game playing for management.
I’m not that kind of guy either. Although I have bumped someone off a route that had really screwed me over in the past. But that wasn’t the sole reason. It was more of a tiebreaker between it and another route I was interested in.

The only thing that really irritates me about the whole process is the drivers that are runners and gunners/lunch skippers and have completely trashed whatever route they are on, get tired of all the extra work, then bump people like me who get fair dispatches by doing the right thing consistently. The beauty of it though is they always get a minimum of 20 stops more as soon as they start the route. LOL And I said minimum. Its usually much more than that. Karma.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I’m not that kind of guy either. Although I have bumped someone off a route that had really screwed me over in the past. But that wasn’t the sole reason. It was more of a tiebreaker between it and another route I was interested in.

The only thing that really irritates me about the whole process is the drivers that are runners and gunners/lunch skippers and have completely trashed whatever route they are on, get tired of all the extra work, then bump people like me who get fair dispatches by doing the right thing consistently. The beauty of it though is they always get a minimum of 20 stops more as soon as they start the route. LOL And I said minimum. Its usually much more than that. Karma.
I see that all the time here. They can't figure out why they get more stops either.