Who’s Switching Routes? (On Topic)

Faceplanted

My seniority is pretty good. I usually bid on the slackers routes right after they get them “good” as they seem to manage low stop counts and cake routes

For anybody who thinks there is some type of g code and it’s not cool to bump people, :censored2: that noise. Seniority rules.

thanks for getting my next resi route down to 130 stops and 80 miles fam, I appreciate it!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So every 2 years drivers get to bid on any job in a different classification? What supplement is this? I think you're mistaken about something but I'd like to see the language.
It’s in the New England Supplement.

Section 2 – Bidding
(a) Biennial Bid
(1) In each location a schedule of all starting times in each classification shall be posted for the bid on the second Monday in February and shall remain posted for (2) weeks. It is agreed that Regular Package Delivery Routes, excluding Full-Time Cover bids, shall not contain WAD and/or Cover as part of the bid description if the route ran for 85% or more of the previous calendar year. Any dispute on the number of jobs bid without WAD and/or Cover as part of the bid description shall be reviewed with the District Labor Manager.
Package (Metro) driver starting times shall also include the general area of the route and feeder driver starting times shall also indicate if the assignment is over or under 140 miles.
(2) Full-time seniority employees, in the order of their seniority and provided they are qualified for the job selected, shall have the right to select starting times in any classification (except Lead Drivers) from the schedule posted. Except as provided herein, such selection shall be held until the next bid.
(3) All moves from the bid must be made by June 15th of the year the bidding selection took place. In the event the employer violates this date, the subsequent bids will be on an annual basis in the local jurisdiction in which the violation took place for the duration of this Agreement.

Overpaid Union Thug

My seniority is pretty good. I usually bid on the slackers routes right after they get them “good” as they seem to manage low stop counts and cake routes

For anybody who thinks there is some type of g code and it’s not cool to bump people, :censored2: that noise. Seniority rules.

thanks for getting my next resi route down to 130 stops and 80 miles fam, I appreciate it!
Enjoy the 30 extra stops they add to whatever route you take. You’ll eventually figure out why. It just takes longer for some people.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It’s in the New England Supplement.

Section 2 – Bidding
(a) Biennial Bid
(1) In each location a schedule of all starting times in each classification shall be posted for the bid on the second Monday in February and shall remain posted for (2) weeks. It is agreed that Regular Package Delivery Routes, excluding Full-Time Cover bids, shall not contain WAD and/or Cover as part of the bid description if the route ran for 85% or more of the previous calendar year. Any dispute on the number of jobs bid without WAD and/or Cover as part of the bid description shall be reviewed with the District Labor Manager.
Package (Metro) driver starting times shall also include the general area of the route and feeder driver starting times shall also indicate if the assignment is over or under 140 miles.
(2) Full-time seniority employees, in the order of their seniority and provided they are qualified for the job selected, shall have the right to select starting times in any classification (except Lead Drivers) from the schedule posted. Except as provided herein, such selection shall be held until the next bid.
(3) All moves from the bid must be made by June 15th of the year the bidding selection took place. In the event the employer violates this date, the subsequent bids will be on an annual basis in the local jurisdiction in which the violation took place for the duration of this Agreement.
Gotta admit I like that. We don't have classification seniority so you can switch jobs without losing anything but the regular yearly bids are all in in classification.

Overpaid Union Thug

Gotta admit I like that. We don't have classification seniority so you can switch jobs without losing anything but the regular yearly bids are all in in classification.
I hate classification seniority with a passion. Particularly, but not limited to, how it pertains to off the street hires.

Overpaid Union Thug

Seniority should always prevail. Not just within a classification or job. No one should EVER lose seniority by switching jobs and no one should EVER lose seniority to a junior/new employee. That is the worst of the two.

A good example is an off the street hire having instant seniority over someone that’s already been with the company for years. Or even a day more for that matter. That is BS.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Seniority should always prevail. Not just within a classification or job. No one should EVER lose seniority by switching jobs and no one should EVER lose seniority to a junior/new employee. That is the worst of the two.

A good example is an off the street hire having instant seniority over someone that’s already been with the company for years. Or even a day more for that matter. That is BS.
Vote no on the six for one

MrBates

I finally won a bid for a route last June after 4 years. I didn't like it at first but the more times I ran it the more I started to like it. I knew it wasn't a "cake" route when I signed the bid sheet and there were only 3 other names on it, all drivers that just qualified.

Before I tried out the route, an old timer gave me the best advice and told me not to judge a route on how the load looks in the morning. Told me to go at a steady comfortable pace, and sort on the clock no matter how heavy they load it. After going over 9.5 for over a week the ORS gets fed up and asks me how come the former guy made 9.5 all the time. I told him straight up that I dont work on my break. (The guy who gave up the route sorted on his break) One OJS later, the route goes out with about 170ish stops and and an aisle most days. (Used to be 200+).
I made it my route, and I think I'll keep it.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I hate classification seniority with a passion. Particularly, but not limited to, how it pertains to off the street hires.

I think classification seniority works well on the mechanic side, otherwise we would have guys go disappear in trailers for a decade then all of a sudden pop up on day shift in the power shop... friend that, suffer working overnight fixing POS beat on package cars for 15 years like the rest of us before you go into that gravy day shift tractor fleet