Who are Locals 705

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You can see this all the way from denver? You have never been known for the drama, did you not start a poll to see if you should stay here or leave at one point?

First off.....I'm not in Denver anymore. I left almost two weeks ago, settling into life in northern Minnesota.

Drama? OK....I'll admit that was a lousy thread and I regret posting it. As far as seeing anything.....nope. But, figure 1,000 job losses and you're talking about whole sorts plus at suburban buildings (I think ADDIL works about 500 on Twilight) :::shudders:::. -Rocky

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
So I figure this is the new flavor of the month for you. You seem to have lost your direction in life, and become a drifter. Thats OK it is your choice! But you trying to influence us not to strike is kind of insulting, this will not affect you, you don't have to live with this proposed contract! WE DO! I understand you USED to work for UPS numerous times, and took a liking to the cafe and post occasionally!
First off.....I'm not in Denver anymore. I left almost two weeks ago, settling into life in northern Minnesota.

Drama? OK....I'll admit that was a lousy thread and I regret posting it. As far as seeing anything.....nope. But, figure 1,000 job losses and you're talking about whole sorts plus at suburban buildings (I think ADDIL works about 500 on Twilight) :::shudders:::. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward

Rocky have you seen the contract that is proposed to us? Very few ptimers will even have a chance to go ftime. The new feeder language will stop any package car driver from going so the only way to get to package would be retirement ,fired or quiting. No new 22.3 jobs and eliminating existing 22.3 jobs. All ptimers will get a new mediacal plan, new ptimers will not get benefits for 1 year, some jobs when vacated will be eliminated like the g.u jobs.

3 hour guarantee for ptimers, 48 month progression, any new ftime employee now will have a lower top out than the rest of the work area. Package topout will now be 24 an hour. The list goes on, what would you do? I already know your answer but as you can see we are fighting for our jobs, and if we are going to lose them, we will be standing as we do it.

I feel bad for the sups who will bust their butt during this strike who will not be rewarded when we return. 97 we lost some good sups because ups could not pay them because the union had won which hurt the pocket book because of lost volume. Now ups has the chance to do whats right before we lose the volume and take care of management at the same time.

No one from atlanta was there today in the talks, i suggest you send someone with a sense of urgency.

By the way there is no propaganda in this post, tie!

brownrodster

new 22.3 jobs and eliminating existing 22.3 jobs. All ptimers will get a new mediacal plan, new ptimers will not get benefits for 1 year,
3 hour guarantee for ptimers

22.3 jobs are a complete waste of money for UPS. Why pay 1 person 50,000$ per year to do the job that two 8.5 dollar an hour PTers can do. Medical benefits shouldnt' kick in for a year. Think of all the money wasted on medical for PTers that only stick around for less than a year. It's a freakin revolving door!

3 hours isn't too unreasonable. Can't pay people to stand around and do nothing. PT ups isn't a career.

For the record I'm a driver and I slaved years as a PT package handler waiting for my opportunity to drive. I knew going in that PT UPS was not a career. It's for people who want a second job, are going to school, or are wanting to become a driver! Sure, I think the starting wage should be increased by at least a couple bucks an hour. But I don't believe that we need to make 50,000$ per year careers out of sorting packages off a belt or shuttling NDA's to the airport.

I want this company to be profitable and thrive! And yes I do feel overpaid as a driver. I'm very fortunate to have this job.

tieguy

Banned
Were is your proof? Did i miss the post were 710 has settled?

Proof is clearly that they are quietly getting it done while your local is threatening war.

Everyone of our ups agents and sec/treas came from ups as hourlies. Why would you call 804 a tdu local? Because they actually believe that their leadership should be held accountable?

You dodged that question. Are you afraid to say that your local is run by Carey devotees?

What rumors? I have yet to see any bad blood rumors. Steve and jimmy (hoffa) are friends. Why would hoffa step in?

Are they?

Now this is great propaganda, the ibt cannot step in and remove our leadership because they wont bend over and take it from ups!

You sure the national will support you guys?

tieguy

Banned
You wish ill on another teamster brother and you want to preach about togetherness? I dont remember hearing 705 members yelling at you in 97, and i sure dont remember being thanked by you for honoring your strike. But keep talking togetherness, right now we couldnt be farther apart by your posts!

I love it you want to start your own war and now you're calling everyone a brother when you're too good to be part of the national contract.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Some questions to ask as we listen to threats of a strike. I've excluded 710 at this point since they have been quiet and therefore seem to be doing better at the table then 705.

Who is 705. What is their makeup. Are they a TDU/ Ron Carey local like 804?

Who is the leadership of this local and whats their history.

What kind of relationship does 705 have with the national union. Is it a poor relationship as rumored? Will the national support a possible strike or squash any attempts to walk.

If there is a poor relationship between 705 and the national as rumored then could these talks lead to the national stepping in and taking over 705 as they have done at other locals.

Why is it that negotiations seem to be progressing so much better for 710 then 705. Is there a personality conflict present at the 705 table that is not present at 710's?

I believe it's the international not the national. You know the IBT? International Brotherhood of Teamsters not National Brotherhood of Teamsters. Not sure I can put any credence in this evaluation if the author of this thread doesn't know this.

drewed

Shankman
I believe it's the international not the national. You know the IBT? International Brotherhood of Teamsters not National Brotherhood of Teamsters. Not sure I can put any credence in this evaluation if the author of this thread doesn't know this.

the union itself is international the contract is purely national so thats what is being discused

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
the union itself is international the contract is purely national so thats what is being discused

No he refers to the national taking over the local. He refers to a bad relationship with THE national. There is a national contract but it was negotiated by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. He was not referencing the national contract. Are you so lost in the shadow of your idol that you have lost track of the subject matter of this thread?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Proof is clearly that they are quietly getting it done while your local is threatening war.

Everyone of our ups agents and sec/treas came from ups as hourlies. Why would you call 804 a tdu local? Because they actually believe that their leadership should be held accountable?

You dodged that question. Are you afraid to say that your local is run by Carey devotees?

I know everyone in my local and some were carey supporters and some are hoffa supporters. But they support the members unamiously together.

What rumors? I have yet to see any bad blood rumors. Steve and jimmy (hoffa) are friends. Why would hoffa step in?

Are they?
You wouldnt be spreading mis information now would you? All you do is talk, its time for you to back up the crap that you spew out of that hole in your face.

Now this is great propaganda, the ibt cannot step in and remove our leadership because they wont bend over and take it from ups!

I believe that is a question you should be worried about. Not sure were you are going yet? Maybe i will come down by you to extend the picket lines. Can i stay at your house?

ogrelord

Ground Down
When did the Me's and I's , take over the teamsters? they honored the strike in 97', shouldn't that be good enough? i for 1 am glade to see 705 take such a stand. what will be next? PTer's won't get bennie's next contract? 5 years to top out? do away with all 22.3 jobs? a Tieguy in every package car. You know how far 10.50 goes in Chicago? a pack of smokes and a bus ticket maybe. We are the American working people, take pride in your self and expect more, not less.

Absolutely. The kool aid is flowing. These guys are having a hard time defending their position. So when you start asking detailed questions like the one above they start squizzling into other directions.
[Sigh.......there is absolutely nothing cut throat said in his post. You guys are turning into drama queens]

You call people drama queens two days ago and now it looks like you`ve found out you like to wear the dress too. Take my post for the way it`s typed not the way you assume.

tieguy

Banned
So I figure this is the new flavor of the month for you. You seem to have lost your direction in life, and become a drifter. Thats OK it is your choice! But you trying to influence us not to strike is kind of insulting, this will not affect you, you don't have to live with this proposed contract! WE DO! I understand you USED to work for UPS numerous times, and took a liking to the cafe and post occasionally!

Loser the good news is you won't have to live with the new contract because you won't have a job when those lugheads return to work. This should take a lot of pressure off of you knowing your future.

tieguy

Banned
Rocky have you seen the contract that is proposed to us? Very few ptimers will even have a chance to go ftime. The new feeder language will stop any package car driver from going so the only way to get to package would be retirement ,fired or quiting. No new 22.3 jobs and eliminating existing 22.3 jobs. All ptimers will get a new mediacal plan, new ptimers will not get benefits for 1 year, some jobs when vacated will be eliminated like the g.u jobs.

3 hour guarantee for ptimers, 48 month progression, any new ftime employee now will have a lower top out than the rest of the work area. Package topout will now be 24 an hour. The list goes on, what would you do? I already know your answer but as you can see we are fighting for our jobs, and if we are going to lose them, we will be standing as we do it.

I feel bad for the sups who will bust their butt during this strike who will not be rewarded when we return. 97 we lost some good sups because ups could not pay them because the union had won which hurt the pocket book because of lost volume. Now ups has the chance to do whats right before we lose the volume and take care of management at the same time.

No one from atlanta was there today in the talks, i suggest you send someone with a sense of urgency.

By the way there is no propaganda in this post, tie!

Red don't feel sorry for the sups. they will still be here when this mess is over and done with . feel sorry for the thousands that lose their jobs because your union leadership seek their glory.

tieguy

Banned

I know that its called the international but in my part of the world they have come to call them national because there really is no international. Thanks for chasing a point that has absolutely no value to this discussion.

tieguy

Banned
I believe that is a question you should be worried about. Not sure were you are going yet? Maybe i will come down by you to extend the picket lines. Can i stay at your house?

heck no . you have no gratitude for the people that feed your family and provide you with the means to pay your bills.

I know everyone in my local and some were carey supporters and some are hoffa supporters. But they support the mthe embers unamiously together.

not sure why you are squirming with these questions. Honesty is good at such times. Just proudly admit that you guys are carey groupies and move on. Don't be peter denying jesus three times.

Are they?
You wouldnt be spreading mis information now would you? All you do is talk, its time for you to back up the crap that you spew out of that hole in your face.

I don't need to back up the crap. it will prove itself in a week. yOu guys are a bunch of hard head tdu nazi's who deny but will prove me right. I hope the National teamsters come in and makes you peform unnatural acts on your knees.

Still waiting for this answer you seem to be struggling with speaking to the support you will recieve from the national.

tieguy

Banned
When did the Me's and I's , take over the teamsters? they honored the strike in 97', shouldn't that be good enough? i for 1 am glade to see 705 take such a stand. what will be next? PTer's won't get bennie's next contract? 5 years to top out? do away with all 22.3 jobs? a Tieguy in every package car. You know how far 10.50 goes in Chicago? a pack of smokes and a bus ticket maybe. We are the American working people, take pride in your self and expect more, not less.

god I wish you had a brain so you could add something of value to this discussion.

tieguy

Banned
[Sigh.......there is absolutely nothing cut throat said in his post. You guys are turning into drama queens]

You call people drama queens two days ago and now it looks like you`ve found out you like to wear the dress too. Take my post for the way it`s typed not the way you assume.

Cach I feel sorry for you. I remember when you actually provided some intelligent posts to this board and thus was nomitated for a position as a moderator here. Now you're stuck with making the same weak arguments here so red does not blister your but for non support. I know you;re smarter then this so I just kind of laugh off your half wit responses and move on.
I look forward to the day when this soap opera ends so you can provide us with the wit and charm you were known for before you sold your sould to the anti ups tdu devil.

ogrelord

Ground Down
god I wish you had a brain so you could add something of value to this discussion.

Something of value? the american working people don't have value? Tie talk down to me all you want. Call me stpuid or lazy or uncareing, but make sure you call me a teamster. Tie let me know if ya need my browns. i have still have mine, and you can use them if ya want.