Who are you told to rate in the ERI?

Who are you told to rate in the ERI?

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
When we take the ERI here, we are told all questions are about our "immediate sup". No one else.

Who are you told to rate?

upsgrunt

Our immediate management team is the supes and managers in OUR building and UPS as a company includes upper management is how I was always told.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My boss asked me when I got in tonight at 5:30 if I wanted to take the ERI. I gave him a stupid look and said, " Really...on a Friday night? Not a chance."

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We were told immediate team, and I had to make sure it was the one I had today, and not the one from a few months ago. That is why I would not take it several yrs, coz I didnt want to give bad to the good and good to the bad, etc.
I feel most of our teams would be tolerable if they were not under the same stress of trying to do a job that has been made impossible to do timely. It still gets done but the majority look like slugs, and although I no longer worry how many digits are in my over allow, It does distress me that something I have done for 23 yrs, someone has suddenly made me look bad at.
So I used the power of the pen, or pc, and that is worth more than the redundancy and repetitiveness of the survey. I doubt anything will come of it, but I encouraged my center to use the basics, the words, the lingo, and we were united on that. So time will tell if anyone is really listening.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
My immediate sup took the test for me and for all my fellow drivers. he really cares about getting us home early to see our families

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Our immediate supervisor. Which is too bad because he really is a nice person and unfortunately he is just a puppet for upper management, so he got to receive the brunt of my bottomless pit of rage.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
The ERI is a joke! When has anything been done with any of the responses? They throw out all the extreme replies and are left with bogus skewed numbers, but they still can't get out of the 40s in my center. I doubt I am even going to waste my time on it this year.

Sammie

When we take the ERI here, we are told all questions are about our "immediate sup". No one else.

Who are you told to rate?

The Feeder Man here shared his ERI experience from last week. The employees weren't told who to rate, they were told HOW to rate. Mgmt's motto was (kinda catchy, actually),

"Rate Us 5 Or Tell Us Why"

In feeders, (can't speak for any other dept), a score of 5 was wanted for every entry OR a reason why this wouldn't be possible.

And people in hell want ice water!!:lol::lol::lol:

aspenleaf

The Feeder Man here shared his ERI experience from last week. The employees weren't told who to rate, they were told HOW to rate. Mgmt's motto was (kinda catchy, actually),

"Rate Us 5 Or Tell Us Why"

In feeders, (can't speak for any other dept), a score of 5 was wanted for every entry OR a reason why this wouldn't be possible.

And people in hell want ice water!!:lol::lol::lol:

I am in that building and another gal and I typed up 2 pages of "issues" and we were not asked to take the ERI. . .:tongue_sm

dillweed

We're told to rate our building supervisors, those who affect us, as a whole. Man, is that impossible!

We have one pt sup who butts up against the center manager's howling and treats us with respect. I've heard him say "I won't do that" to the center manager. I'll work my butt off for him. Another one is so butt kissy that he'll turn the conveyor back on without looking to see if someone's up there breaking a jam. I've been up there, heard the buzzer and had to leap to the side railing to avoid being sent through the chute with a load of pkgs. Dignity and respect went out the door as I swore like a dock worker. Oops, I am a dock worker. :cool: For this guy, I play the :censored2: game and make him tell me what to do step by step.

We have two center manager's, somehow :confused:1 One is a snake in the grass and lies through his teeth. The other one seems fair and has stood by his word.

Now how the heck to we put a rating on that? "management cares about employees" Some, yes, others only care about numbers.

This year I may just name names in the comments section and let them know who is decent and who is just a puppet.

rapidrandall

slow but sure
We're told to rate our building supervisors, those who affect us, as a whole. Man, is that impossible!

We have one pt sup who butts up against the center manager's howling and treats us with respect. I've heard him say "I won't do that" to the center manager. I'll work my butt off for him. Another one is so butt kissy that he'll turn the conveyor back on without looking to see if someone's up there breaking a jam. I've been up there, heard the buzzer and had to leap to the side railing to avoid being sent through the chute with a load of pkgs. Dignity and respect went out the door as I swore like a dock worker. Oops, I am a dock worker. :cool: For this guy, I play the :censored2: game and make him tell me what to do step by step.

We have two center manager's, somehow :confused:1 One is a snake in the grass and lies through his teeth. The other one seems fair and has stood by his word.

Now how the heck to we put a rating on that? "management cares about employees" Some, yes, others only care about numbers.

This year I may just name names in the comments section and let them know who is decent and who is just a puppet.
Two center managers! Wow! Things must be twice as nice for you now, right?

We weren't told anything about the eri, just given a schedule when to take it. When I asked if it was still optional, they said yes and still posted a schedule. It is amazing to see people who bitch like crazy about everything and then file in like trained little lambs to take the eri at their appointed time.

:taz::taz::taz:

Cementups

Box Monkey
You got back to the building on a Friday at 5:30. Are you serious?

Not a normal occurance, trust me. We just happened to be a little light all around. I think they shorted us a load so that Preload was wrapped and lean to look good for all the big wigs that were at our HUB for our big Centennial Celebration breakfast.

N

Ntoul

I rate upper management because my immediate sup, who's generally a nice guy,
blames everything on upper management. They stress rating "immediate" supervisors so the results will be better and won't reflect the real source of problems.