Who doesn't have to work peak?

There is nothing wrong with a Dad wanting to help his wife and newborn get settled----I totally agree----but does it really take 6 weeks to do this?
I took a month for my first child. For some of us it's the best and most scary times in out life. I was so scared to even hold Grace I remember. Never changed a diaper or did anything with a baby. That and a c section for mom. A month was definitely in order.

In Europe or Canada this kind of thing is a no brainer for these family oriented people. We in this country need to think more like this. May god bless him and his new family.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are such a great person. In your on mind.

This is the message I get whenever I try to give you rep:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to anonymous again.

Since I am unable to do it privately I guess I will do it here. Your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. You are a joke. Dave.

This is the message I get whenever I try to give you rep:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to anonymous again.

Since I am unable to do it privately I guess I will do it here. Your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. You are a joke. Dave.

Im not sure what the number is but you have to rep several other people before you rep the same person again. you are allotted so many reps per day. that keeps somebody from running up or taking down rep points unfairly. P.S. You are allowed to Pos rep somebody!..lol:wink2::happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im not sure what the number is but you have to rep several other people before you rep the same person again. you are allotted so many reps per day. that keeps somebody from running up or taking down rep points unfairly. P.S. You are allowed to Pos rep somebody!..lol:wink2::happy-very:

I am very familiar with the rep system but for some reason I am unable to give rep, pos or neg, to 407.

I just tried to give you rep but received the same message.

gingerkat

I'm off from now till jan 13 since I had a child and taking fmla. I know some people don't like that but all I have to say is that I pay taxes into this every week and don't feel bad at all because I'm entitled to it. And I want to be with my newborn and family. To bad my center manager didn't see it this way.. He will get over it. Merry Christmas everyone!
Good for you! Why not take it with your wife and beautiful child. Why spend it with a company that busts your balls everyday and doesn't give a :censored2: about you? Enjoy the time and yes, it's a beautiful gesture to both your loved ones. It's really is a myth that women/children like their men/dads cold hearted, emotionless and soulless.

My recommendation is that ,at least for the first one , to take a decent amount of time off. You will never be a first time mother and father and that baby will never be a newborn again. Take that experience and tuck it away to look back on the rest of your lives.

UPS has been here since before we were born and odds are will be around after our deaths. They'll get by without us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I recall when Megan was born. She was our first and my ex was so careful in everything she did. She measured out all of the formula just right. We only fed her when the book said we were supposed to. Everything had to be just so. When her parents came down to help her mother thought that we were trying to starve her. When David came along we were so much more relaxed. He cried---we put a bottle in his month. He was hungry---we fed him, whether the book said we were supposed to or not. He soiled his diapers---we changed him and sent him on his way.

I know that when my daughter becomes a Mom that she will be a very loving but very much a pain in the ass Mom and I already feel sorry for James.

gingerkat

​I wasn't trying to take down someone's thread. BUT, since you said I was a piece of work...

I find that interesting because you're the one asking why anyone would want to take time allotted to them by the state and by UPS for something so important in ones life. What is more important than family? Just because you didn't do it, doesn't mean someone else can't or shouldn't. These are different times Dave, different times. If UPS were to allow someone to take 6 or 12 weeks to mate with their pet monkey, it's none of your business. Just from reading your posts, I'm starting to think your a misogynist.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why should they? Is work more important than family? If the answer is yes for you then we probably know why you're divorced.

It's a simple question-----would the same people who are willing to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave at Peak do the same at any other time of year? Think about it----that is 3 months off for the birth of a child. Unless you are the birth mother (and even then it would be excessive) or there were complications during or after the birth, why in the world would anyone need to take 12 weeks after the birth of a child?

I still wonder if these same people would willingly take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave at any other time of the year.

FMLA taken for each of my 3:

1) 4 weeks taken in April

2) 8 weeks taken starting Dec 29th. Just missed peak.

3) 12 weeks take starting the middle of March.

I have no problem with Dave's feeling different than others in his opinion of how much time is appropriate. But when he tosses out the "get ones butt back to work" then those are fighting words.