who got murdered today? On Topic

whenIgetthere

Was kind if light yesterday, as the station ran a Tuesday plan on Monday. Today, I had about my normal stops, but in a much smaller area. They are running peak plan all week, maybe next week, as well.

SmithBarney

Rural area averaging 100/day(route normally has 60-70) but also dropping 40-50(about 1/3 the area) to a helper route.. Our loop is stable and able to manage with established help. Otherwise the rest of the place is pretty insane, rookie management team caught with their pants down.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My supplemental driver quit that same night... brought back 45 boxes because he's scared of driving in the darkness of my rural route with roads having no street lights and going down long dirt driveways...

I crammed 245 pieces left 11 irregs behind, midnight rolls around & forces my powerpad to do "end of day", then start new day... banged out my tight gated community... brought back 33 DNA s since there's no way I'm risking deliveries in the sticks.

clocked out at 0200 this morning. Wheeeeeee, can't show up until noon

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My supplemental driver quit that same night... brought back 45 boxes because he's scared of driving in the darkness of my rural route with roads having no street lights and going down long dirt driveways...

I crammed 245 pieces left 11 irregs behind, clocked out at 0200 this morning. Wheeeeeee, can't show up until noon
You’re gonna get shot. No way I deliver past midnight

OrioN

Yup, I was editing my post LoL. I stop deliveries to the woods and went straight to my gravy section!

3rd day this week

Good news is I can enjoy some brunch, unload a log in the toilet and get some needed rest... I started getting cross eyed on the drive home

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

I crammed 245 pieces left 11 irregs behind, midnight rolls around & forces my powerpad to do "end of day", then start new day... banged out my tight gated community... brought back 33 DNA s since there's no way I'm risking deliveries in the sticks.

clocked out at 0200 this morning. Wheeeeeee, can't show up until noon

What time did you start?

OrioN

Late trailers and sort... been on road at noon or later this week.

Getting set up to fail sucks. My previous subcontractor manager was waaaaaaay better in the past peaks & I was doing 100% service

I'm not stressing out, area knowledge trumps my day. It's all on dispatch and management

The good thing in this opco, no time commits and a few resis rts pickups

Hopefully I'll walk in the terminal with an empty truck, load some irregs... deliver them, then go rescue the supplemental drivers on my route, LoL... it takes 3 of them to cover my area

OrioN

Could be worse... I'm seeing the p1000 drivers cramming 350-400 pieces in their stepvans & no helper/ jumper to deliver them.

So they go on route to the max DOT 14 hours & DNA / roll 50-60+ stops for the following day. I'd be quitting that train wreck if set up to fail daily like that...

My area is rural. Rarely any traffic when it is dark. Windshield time is less stress on the body. The heater is so good, I'm running around in shorts. Listening to "K love" and knock out one stop at a time.

K-LOVE

Too many deer running rampant though and a customer or three that still doesn't know some delivery drivers will work until midnight are my only problems on this particular route

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Could be worse... I'm seeing the p1000 drivers cramming 350-400 pieces in their stepvans & no helper/ jumper to deliver them.

So they go on route to the max DOT 14 hours & DNA / roll 50-60+ stops for the following day. I'd be quitting that train wreck if set up to fail daily like that...

My area is rural. Rarely any traffic when it is dark. Windshield time is less stress on the body. The heater is so good, I'm running around in shorts. Listening to "K love" and knock out one stop at a time.

K-LOVE

Too many deer running rampant though and a customer or three that still doesn't know some delivery drivers will work until midnight are my only problems on this particular route
Why would you think a customer should know that anyone would be dumb enough to still be delivering at midnight? Especially in a rural area where people can be shot.

McFeely

Huge Member

Just curious, how many other HD/G drivers from your terminal are out delivering until midnight? I would flat-out quit my job if I was out delivering that late. Even with area knowledge, your productivity after dark has gotta be way lower than daylight SPH.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

K-LOVE

Do you get paid by the hour?

bacha29

Just curious, how many other HD/G drivers from your terminal are out delivering until midnight? I would flat-out quit my job if I was out delivering that late. Even with area knowledge, your productivity after dark has gotta be way lower than daylight SPH.
Orion is telling the God's honest truth. XG is still for the most part using RPS's old route planning system. The bad part about to is that they forgot the RD's . The rural mail carrier network. As a result it is quite common to drive out 40 miles to a small borough with say a thousand people living it that borough with the belief that all stops in that zip would be done in that borough, never considering the fact that it was quite common for that zip to have half a dozen or more RD mail carriers be pulling out of that small town post office every morning and go out and cover that zip's 300 mile or more RD carrier net . For the RPS/XG jock after a handful of in town stops you're out there until chasing RD's all day and into the night.

This is how city minded that company is.

Oldfart

Orion is telling the God's honest truth. XG is still for the most part using RPS's old route planning system. The bad part about to is that they forgot the RD's . The rural mail carrier network. As a result it is quite common to drive out 40 miles to a small borough with say a thousand people living it that borough with the belief that all stops in that zip would be done in that borough, never considering the fact that it was quite common for that zip to have half a dozen or more RD mail carriers be pulling out of that small town post office every morning and go out and cover that zip's 300 mile or more RD carrier net . For the RPS/XG jock after a handful of in town stops you're out there until chasing RD's all day and into the night.

This is how city minded that company is.
Good info.

Star B

White Lightening
yea, being out after 2000 is stupid. Being out after dark isn't the smartest thing but if you're doing pups it isn't nearly as bad because they are expecting you and you know where you're going 95% of the time.