who got murdered today? On Topic

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We got crushed all week. Our terminal is so behind they asked us to work Sunday lol. My line is all rural routes. My route would get 90 stops on a busy day. My stop count this week: 196, 220, 185, 176, 88 (which was only clean up from what wasn't delivered Mon-Fri), 156. I'm 45 stops behind for the week.

Hey, are you in my terminal??? As I was pre loading my delivery vehicle for free, I saw management setting up the routes for Sunday's delivery day. So I dunno how that 34 hour rest before the next week works for them.

Yeah my "normal stop counts are 90-120 as well, butt I'm supposed to stay that way due to the miles I cover... I guess they forgot that most routes triple in volume during peak.

HD219

Hey, are you in my terminal??? As I was pre loading my delivery vehicle for free, I saw management setting up the routes for Sunday's delivery day. So I dunno how that 34 hour rest before the next week works for them.

Yeah my "normal stop counts are 90-120 as well, butt I'm supposed to stay that way due to the miles I cover... I guess they forgot that most routes triple in volume during peak.
From what I heard we can do 70 hrs a week. Anything over is a DOT violation. We're all working 70 hrs in 6 days. How is it possible to not go over in 7 days?
I load my box truck every morning which is a nightmare with this volume.
Not sure if I'm I'm your terminal. Seems like it.

OrioN

If you're in a vehicle less than 10,000 lbs, the 70 hour work week can be nullified. The only thing is the 10 hour rest period in between shifts. Did you see the crazy hours & pieces I crammed into my truck on that pic???

The 10ft box truck are under that weight limit. The gmc 12 ft ones are too, but the fords are 10,050 from what I recall... I'm in a 12 ft box gmc, so they know I can work over 70 hours

Oh, customers are ringing the terminal non stop because they see their tracking# as "on truck-out for delivery" but that's not the case... I had to roll stops since I can't fit some huge boxes and I should've taken them the next day. The dumb management should use some of those temps that get done early to do irregs clean up / go on multiple trips.

Last edited:

HD219

If you're in a vehicle less than 10,000 lbs, the 70 hour work week can be nullified. The only thing is the 10 hour rest period in between shifts. Did you see the crazy hours & pieces I crammed into my truck on that pic???

The 10ft box truck are under that weight limit. The gmc 12 ft ones are too, but the fords are 10,050 from what I recall... I'm in a 12 ft box gmc, so they know I can work over 70 hours
I've been leaving the huge boxes behind to fit as many packages as possible. I still fill up the 12 foot box and have to leave 30-40 stops behind. This is way more volume than last peak.
It blows my mind you go stay out until midnight. Latest I stayed out delivering was 1800. No point in me working in pitch black, no street lights, snowy road conditions, no lights in the back of truck to find packages.

Oldfart

I've been leaving the huge boxes behind to fit as many packages as possible. I still fill up the 12 foot box and have to leave 30-40 stops behind. This is way more volume than last peak.
It blows my mind you go stay out until midnight. Latest I stayed out delivering was 1800. No point in me working in pitch black, no street lights, snowy road conditions, no lights in the back of truck to find packages.
Buy a nice rechargeable spotlight. Can be had for about $50. Will pay for itself in a couple of days.

HedleyLamarr

Feeling lucky here. Excellent managers at my station. Lots of rentals, a few new hires, and pt pup drivers coming in early to help. With all the extra routes taking excess freight, no one has been overly heavy. Don't even think I hit 40 hours last week.

OrioN

It blows my mind you go stay out until midnight

I'm out till 0100 - 0200 almost every day this week!

& here's my cargo lights...
sketch-1543466478039.png

I need one of these...

download.jpeg

...lined in Kevlar

Last edited:

OrioN

You're crazy. I should mention I'm salary.
That lighting is sick.

I'm salary too, but I'm exceeding my stop threshold that I'm basically doubling my income...

I finally got a chunk of my gated community back since they found a driver that's not scared of the darkness of my rural route. So he's taking a big chunk of the horse farms off my and I am now down to 140 miles per day. Clocked out at 2130 for a change.

I wanted all of the gated community, but I guess they don't want to overwhelm the new driver.

It's not the stop count, it's the mileage in my area that makes my day or keeps me out until midnight

HD219

I'm salary too, but I'm exceeding my stop threshold that I'm basically doubling my income...

I finally got a chunk of my gated community back since they found a driver that's not scared of the darkness of my rural route. So he's taking a big chunk of the horse farms off my and I am now down to 140 miles per day. Clocked out at 2130 for a change.

I wanted all of the gated community, but I guess they don't want to overwhelm the new driver.

It's not the stop count, it's the mileage in my area that makes my day or keeps me out until midnight
I get paid the same amount whether I do 65 stops or 110 stops. Kind of BS

HD219

We're still getting crushed. I had 168 stops on the preliminary yesterday. Did 102 stops. Today I had 220 stops on the preliminary. Did 118 stops. I'm never catching up with this volume.

Star B

White Lightening
our station boat is staying afloat, barely. There's still some rollover but it's just a daily "sucks to be you" route town of choice.

OrioN

How many miles on route, @HD219 ?

Ugh, 2nd supplemental driver quit... too scared of my rural area.

Got hammered with those yellow PAL labels. Dunno why they're advancing freight in my area. I clocked out 0030 . Now I gotta wait until 1030 am for the dumb rest period today...

HD219

How many miles on route, @HD219 ?

Ugh, 2nd supplemental driver quit... too scared of my rural area.

Got hammered with those yellow PAL labels. Dunno why they're advancing freight in my area. I clocked out 0030 . Now I gotta wait until 1030 am for the dumb rest period today...
110-130 miles on route. Not counting the 45 minute ride each way

OrioN

I'm doing 180-230 miles a day... with a supplemental, it should be down to 130-160 miles

Yeah, you're getting ripped off by your penny pinching subcontractor.

you should've had a salary rate for 100 stops minimum, then a stop pay rate for additional stops over that threshold

Ugh , hour and a half before I roll in

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We're still getting crushed. I had 168 stops on the preliminary yesterday. Did 102 stops. Today I had 220 stops on the preliminary. Did 118 stops. I'm never catching up with this volume.
Don't let Memphis or management make this your problem. The problem belongs to them for over-selling.