who got murdered today? On Topic

Star B

White Lightening
Peak isn't here yet for express... ;) Express it's the last two weeks.. Ground maybe 3-4 weeks out.
Really? Sure feels like it at my station.

Can't wait... almost no courier input for the peak plan this year... let the :censored2:show begin!
Yeah, quite the opposite from last year. We had plenty of input last year, but this year, NOTHING. wtf?

Also, no cartage agents at our station yet. I have a feeling our SM is keeping them hidden until he absolutely has to use them.

We have cartage agents everywhere. Each one capable of 20 stops a day before we see a message about grabbing what they didn’t finish. What a joke.

and UPSers are afraid of PVDs... lulz.

Swngdrvr

Got report in pay today. Worked the sort and went home because there was multiple routes that didn't even have p2 built in. That's after working less than 6 hours yesterday. Engineer thinks we will be busy tomorrow.

Star B

White Lightening
We're back to being busy. Are the stations that are slow doing next days also? We're just moving it if it's coming in.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
This peak has been very easy so far. I've had 2 annoying days were my truck was completely full but even those weren't horrible. Most days I've been getting there at 8-8:30 and done around 3-4. Probably put in 40 hours last week and close to 10 of that was just waiting for the sort to get done and driving to/from my work area.

Dang, how many miles? Dunno if that snow storm in the south had anything to do with the light loads these past 2 days... I clocked out at 1900 for a change!

McFeely

Huge Member
Engineer thinks we will be busy tomorrow.

Our genius of an engineer added a small zip code to my DRA route that is 10 minutes away from the rest of my stops. Now DRA gives me 2 stops in that zip code instead of 15 in-area stops in my main zip code.

I’m actually doing LESS work in peak as a direct result of this buffoon and DRA.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Engineer thinks we will be busy tomorrow.

Our genius of an engineer added a small zip code to my DRA route that is 10 minutes away from the rest of my stops. Now DRA gives me 2 stops in that zip code instead of 15 in-area stops in my main zip code.

I’m actually doing LESS work in peak as a direct result of this buffoon and DRA.
Express engineers, totally unnecessary.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Express engineers, totally unnecessary.
Engineer: NOUN (Oxford Dictionary)
  • 1 A person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
    1. 1.1 A person qualified in a branch of engineering, especially as a professional.
      ‘an aeronautical engineer’
  • 2 A person who controls an engine, especially on an aircraft or ship.
    1. 2.1North American A train driver.
  • 3 A skillful contriver or originator of something.
    ‘the prime engineer of the approach’
  • Sorry, but NONE of the above apply to the person who manipulates DRA at FedEx.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Engineer: NOUN (Oxford Dictionary)
  • 1 A person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
    1. 1.1 A person qualified in a branch of engineering, especially as a professional.
      ‘an aeronautical engineer’
  • 2 A person who controls an engine, especially on an aircraft or ship.
    1. 2.1North American A train driver.
  • 3 A skillful contriver or originator of something.
    ‘the prime engineer of the approach’
  • Sorry, but NONE of the above apply to the person who manipulates DRA at FedEx.
They had to give them a fancy title so they would believe their position is important. Lol.

Hax

Dang, how many miles? Dunno if that snow storm in the south had anything to do with the light loads these past 2 days... I clocked out at 1900 for a change!
Currently doing about 35 miles to/from work area and 30 miles on route. This whole week they've dispatched us before 8:00 which hasn't happened in 4 years. It's so nice getting an early start.

There was a snowstorm in Chicago the weekend after Thanksgiving that backed things up but nothing recently afaik.

It's actually been so easy recently I've been calling this other guy at the end of my day to help him out. Otherwise I would have been done before 1:00 every day this week

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've always been amazed at that attitude.
That's because you haven't been on the receiving end of their talents.
Personal experience: Manager says "Give that information to the engineer", engineer says "What do you want me to do with it?"
Manager I personally know goes into engineers office..."We need to get this route fixed ASAP", engineer (on computer) says "I'll get to it after I finish here". Manager walks around desk to see computer monitor, engineer is fkin playing Solitaire.

I'm amazed they are able to retain their jobs.

dezguy

Today management floated the idea of employees who live out of town, taking home codes on Dec 24 so customers near them could pick them up, if needed. Then "suggested" they would assign employees to be on-call for Dec 25 when that idea went over like a fart in church.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Today management floated the idea of employees who live out of town, taking home codes on Dec 24 so customers near them could pick them up, if needed. Then "suggested" they would assign employees to be on-call for Dec 25 when that idea went over like a fart in church.
They actually thought anyone would he onboard with that?

dezguy

They actually thought anyone would he onboard with that?
Desperate attempt for management to not be on-call for Christmas.

There were a couple kool aid drinkers who were thinking about it but, as I explained to one of them, you're then responsible for those packages and you're on call without even getting paid. What happens if you're at Christmas dinner and someone wants their package?