who got murdered today? On Topic

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sales does it every damn year.But hey, salesman have to buy Christmas gifts too and need the commission money. The consequences? That's the contractor's problem.
Well then sales should be required to put on a uniform and help out for 3 weeks in December. Only fair to ask them to help since they want couriers to turn in sales leads they don't have time for.

dezguy

Well then sales should be required to put on a uniform and help out for 3 weeks in December. Only fair to ask them to help since they want couriers to turn in sales leads they don't have time for.
They'd have to take their hand out of their pocket and put down the cup of coffee, in order to help.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
100% bang on. Management always talks about how our sales guy needs leads. I haven't even met our sales guy but yes, I'm going to go out and get this guy leads.
Once upon a time, they used to occasionally walk the belts during the sort. They also helped in the office during the last few days of Peak. Haven’t seen them do either in years, much less even seen a sales person.

dezguy

Once upon a time, they used to occasionally walk the belts during the sort. They also helped in the office during the last few days of Peak. Haven’t seen them do either in years, much less even seen a sales person.
We had a guy who would walk the belt every few months, years ago. Wouldn't dare touch a package but at least he showed his face.

The new guys are too busy to see the people who are going to be delivering the product they're selling. Busy doing what, I haven't the foggiest. I haven't seen a new customer on my route in a few years.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We had a guy who would walk the belt every few months, years ago. Wouldn't dare touch a package but at least he showed his face.

The new guys are too busy to see the people who are going to be delivering the product they're selling. Busy doing what, I haven't the foggiest. I haven't seen a new customer on my route in a few years.
Knew a fellow courier who applied for a Sales position.
Told him after his interview that he was 'too energetic' for Sales.
Kinda explains it.

HD219

Now learning that my terminal is hauling freight to the nearest Fedex terminal 90 minutes away. That terminal is sending out 2 drivers onto each route. Why wouldn't they hire 2 drivers at my terminal instead of shipping the freight elsewhere?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I've never understood why anyone would care about this.

The new guys are too busy to see the people who are going to be delivering the product they're selling.

Is there some reason to think that one courier will be any more/less capable than any other courier?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
More proof you have no station experience.
Big difference between a real courier and one that just wears the uniform. A real courier wouldnt have to ask hypothetical questions about a car running a redlight and hitting a fedex van and if it was preventable or not.

Such a big difference between how a "real" courier leaves an Otterbox on a porch and how one that "just wears the uniform" does it. Daft.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Now learning that my terminal is hauling freight to the nearest Fedex terminal 90 minutes away. That terminal is sending out 2 drivers onto each route. Why wouldn't they hire 2 drivers at my terminal instead of shipping the freight elsewhere?

No idea... FXG and FXE are intermingling on this thread.

All that advanced freight made way for an easy Saturday, clocked out at 2000 for a change.

Some more supplemental drivers quit on the spot after loading their cargo into the rentals, LoL

A ft seasoned driver quit as well & it took 4 supplemental drivers to service his area, yikes!

I saw about 5 Amazon flex pvd drivers in my area and one Amazon contract driver in a Ford transit cargo van... they're ramping up but I'm still hauling a few Amazon irregs as well

Star B

White Lightening
HD219 is... HD, so, he's part of your world @OrioN

There's local news of the local FXG station getting help from a station 2 hours away. I talked to the driver and apparently our local ground station is a dumpster fire.

OrioN

Oops, was editing my post... yeah some routes in my building are also sinking to the point of getting volunteers to work Sundays!

Noooooooo way! I'm caught up in my part of the area. I did volunteer to help nearby routes when I finished my last stop at 1930... Had a snack, pee in a bottle & watched a few music videos before clocking out with no replies from any other drivers

I'm running smoothly because of the weather... none of that stuff you hourlies call "white gold"

SmithBarney

We still have sales? I haven’t seen one of those people in years. Lol.
Last time I saw sales, a three man team came into our Express stations(Driving two BMWs and an Audi) and told us they really don't sell express anymore since there is so much money in Ground... Then Why the heck are you here?? oh because Express Gives better leads than ground...

OrioN

No splash-overs and no massive stinkies though, right?......right??.... o_O

Nope, you get in a routine to doo #2 in the a.m. before work or going on route... and another at pm when you get home.

As for#1, an empty 2 liter bottle of juice or detergent works best.
images.jpeg

I dunno how other drivers use little water bottles and risk spillage...

piss-bottle-high-capacity-assault-piss-bottle-with-tactical-grip-11741764.png

That whole gallon is kinda overkill, a detergent bottle would be ok... leave the spout to hold the head while you're unloading the liquids to the bottle

images (1).jpeg

No taco bell or spicy stuff to aggravate the colon. finger foods or light snackety-snack-snacks... banana, crackers, pb&j sammiches

Last edited:

HD219

HD219 is... HD, so, he's part of your world @OrioN

There's local news of the local FXG station getting help from a station 2 hours away. I talked to the driver and apparently our local ground station is a dumpster fire.
The line I'm on merged ground and HD over summer. I do both. It's a rural route but the main Street in the village has a good amount of businesses. Really limits the amount of stops I can get done.

HD219

Oops, was editing my post... yeah some routes in my building are also sinking to the point of getting volunteers to work Sundays!

Noooooooo way! I'm caught up in my part of the area. I did volunteer to help nearby routes when I finished my last stop at 1930... Had a snack, pee in a bottle & watched a few music videos before clocking out with no replies from any other drivers

I'm running smoothly because of the weather... none of that stuff you hourlies call "white gold"
Lol. I got asked to work Sunday. I didn't even respond.

OrioN

Lol. I got asked to work Sunday. I didn't even respond.
ikr, how are they going to reset the DOT work week without a 34 hour rest period???

If they ignore that part, then they should also ignore the 10 hour rest period between days as well

I'm so rural, I only have about 5 businesses on my area. The rest are combo BUS/RES that have their homes in the back... so I'll go to their garage and deliver them as a resis stop