Who is better for UPS union employees (On topic, please)

Who are you voting for

• FZ TU slate

• H-H slate

• FZ

• H

Results are only viewable after voting.

muthatrucka

I don't know anything about any of these people. Maybe that's their plan, to bet on the popularity of their names whether we've heard it in a neg light or not, at least we know the name.

Faceplanted

We now need approval from the president/government to strike. It's a whole process. It was not like this when the last stike happened. And no I don't listen to tdu nonsense both slates are corrupt and all about their own agenda to be honest.

This is not our father or grand fathers teamsters

Did h not shove the last contract down some no voting regions throat?

LeadBelly

Banned
We now need approval from the president/government to strike. It's a whole process. It was not like this when the last stike happened. And no I don't listen to tdu nonsense both slates are corrupt and all about their own agenda to be honest.

This is not our father or grand fathers teamsters

Did h not shove the last contract down some no voting regions throat?
The teamsters have members on strike all the time.

Faceplanted

Just to clarify there are 2 types of corruption

One provides checks and balances (teamsters in the 70s/80s early 90s). It wasn't pretty and there were bad things that went on, but it was more fair. I come from up noRth and foreign lands were corruption actually helps the average man. This corporate/banker/CEO corruption in the USA now is on some different level.

The other screws the working man (modern day unions)

I'm thankful as hell for what the og teamsters got us, it's just sad to see what's happening to not only us but the whole USA. The ceo/worker gap has grown off the chart, we are happy with concessions saying "it could be worse" and it's continuing and everybody is worried about slates, twitter, or Facebook likes.

The blue color worker is done, and we are one of the last of the dying breed. Another generation and it will be gone. I wish that our children could provide their family with OPTIONS of well paying hard working jobs but it's over with

My grandpa came here with nothing, thanks to unions he drove a oil delivery truck up north, and provided his family by him self all the way down to me a great life. That's gone. Even being a well paid ups driver, it's finically hard to support the whole family with a stay at home mom. This was the NORM back in the day.

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned
Brother i respect you and your option more than most, but let's be honest here for a second and look at the big picture.
The national contract passed. We weren't going on strike. This isn't 97. The political climate has changed. Unions are 9% of the population now. I realize par timers don't make a whole lot but it's a stepping stone to a career. It's not meant to be a soul means of support or income. A ups strike could be catastrophic for my livelihood. I wouldn't want to strike over the issues in the 2013 contract. Thanks for your kind words.

Satuirus2000

I'm from Local 89. I've seen the arguments and whatnot in this thread, but I don't care, I can't vote for someone that said my vote did not count. Why bother sending out the second ballot if you were gonna force it through anyway? I don't know if Fred Z is gonna be better or not, but I'm willing to take that chance and all the benefits or consequences that come with it.

UniteandWin

I just wish all OFFICIALS would spend time on UPS' s union busting tactics. They are coming in 2018, you can bet your tdu or old guard a-- on that

Sent using BrownCafe App

All I have to say is JH is a lawyer.. To me he was never a true teamster... KH is a true working teamster but unfortunately KH won't step up until a H family member is out of the picture. That's why I voted for FZ and KH. Then the rest was the FZ slate. KH will follow anyone or step up and take what is right fully is his. Either way, it's good to have KH negotiating for ups teamsters because he is a good negotiator.

twoweeled

Got my ballot in the mail and I know it's important to vote, but I don't know who to vote for! Neither side has done any campaigning aside from the articles in the monthly teamster magazine. How am I suppose to judge what's best for our future when I don't know anything about either candidate? I'm sure a lot of you know or have opinions about H, but I have only worked for UPS for 6 years so I unfortunately don't know his history or how he's done in the past.

So I want to vote for who ever is going to be best for UPS obviously. Seeing the decline in support for H from a lot of people has me leaning toward FZ....

ON TOPIC PLEASE
Simple.
1.If your happy with the existing people. Why would you switch?
2.If you unhappy with existing slate. Why would you stay with them?

If your making excuses (either way) then you've already made your choice, and your just looking for help to rationalize your choice.

twoweeled

Well with the way things are starting to go at ups I just want to make sure the best person gets elected. I use to think once I became FT I wouldn't have to worry about anything, but now I'm worried if I'll even have a job in the next 20 years. It seems like ups is having their way with our union.
20 years? There will be HUGE changes, long before 20 years. I wonder what's going to happen to feeder in 10 years. What'll happen in the hub in less than 10 years.

twoweeled

I was just messing with giving you crap. Nothing but love for you IGP.
But he's probably very busy. He's got a pretty important job. O returns calls. hall is a very personable guy. Extremely intelligent. He is thinking as far ahead as UPS does.
Hall may be "thinking as far ahead as UPS does". But Hall is not executing nearly as well as UPS is. Not even close.

twoweeled

What is the point on voting multiple times knowing that the result will be the same?

Elections can be expensive and it became evident after the second "no" vote that the members were being unrealistic in their demands.
If I understand your response correctly. You feel voting no, was an unrealistic demand?