Who Took the Day Off Today?

bumped

How do you guys not have to work when your routes are cut? They claim I have the “right to work” because of seniority, but not the “right not to work”. I am the highest seniority driver in our center and they cut my route and lay the low seniority people off, while I have to run a combo route a couple of days a week.

Today they threw that right out the window and made the low guys work if no one volunteered.

Lets just say I don't want to do work blind, and my supervisors surely don't want me to do work blind. We're in mutual agreement.

Bigdog12

Be glad you didn't 75 stops 200 miles, had to drive 30 minutes back to a drop box, thought today was gonna be quick and easy, never volunteering again

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Maybe when you are our BA or union president you can interpret the language how you want.
It's ask from the top force from the bottom? I thought this was a fairly universal interpretation.
And why would the company force senior drivers to work? They earn twice as much someone still in probation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's ask from the top force from the bottom? I thought this was a fairly universal interpretation.
And why would the company force senior drivers to work? They earn twice as much someone still in probation.
Area knowledge? Try to get them to call it quits sooner? Management playing favorites?

For a random day off when over staffed “ask from the top force from the bottom” is not how it’s done here and there’s no language dictating that’s how they have to do it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The English in me doesn't work on Boxing Day.
Boxing Day?

oQNvG3.gif