Who wears a Fitbit (or similar)?

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a flex and it kept falling off, my daughter bought me an aftermarket band on Amazon. It is showing about 1/3 fewer steps than the fitbit band. It shows a little less than reality, but it is much closer than what fitbit showed.

I walk to a coffee shop on Saturday mornings, it is about 1.5 miles from home and the fitbit showed I walked .98 miles.

I can live with that and actually prefer it over the really high fitbit numbers.

watdaflock?

Are those things known for accuracy?
They are not accurate at all if the road you're driving is bumpy. UPS trucks are not really known for a cushy ride.

I've heard about a 3rd party app known as Drivebit, which you activate while driving and it overwrites steps and calories, during driving periods.

unning is a stress reliever for me. But too much cardio ages people quicker.

lol. So funny...

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Your link is referring to elite athletes who train with high intensity. General volume ("too much") as nothing to do with the aging process. They are talking about wear and tear from intensity...
To quote your link - "Little hard evidence exists that moderate cardio accompanied by adequate rest and nutrition causes physical aging. Moderate cardio might actually slow aging by conditioning your body to adapt to stress."

Overpaid Union Thug

Your link is referring to elite athletes who train with high intensity. General volume ("too much") as nothing to do with the aging process. They are talking about wear and tear from intensity...
To quote your link - "Little hard evidence exists that moderate cardio accompanied by adequate rest and nutrition causes physical aging. Moderate cardio might actually slow aging by conditioning your body to adapt to stress."

Wear and tear from too much intensity is exactly what I'm talking about. Too much cardio is exactly that. Moderate is not. I'm on a moderate cardio plan now. I look and feel better than I ever did when I was working out and running like someone that was always training for a marathon. LOL

watdaflock?

Wear and tear from too much intensity is exactly what I'm talking about. Too much cardio is exactly that..... I look and feel better than I ever did when I was working out and running like someone that was always training for a marathon.

Huge differences between intensity training and volume training. You can have all of the volume in the world (marathon) and still not the same damage as somebody running half the total weekly miles (as the marathoner) but with 10-15% more intensity.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a flex and it kept falling off, my daughter bought me an aftermarket band on Amazon. It is showing about 1/3 fewer steps than the fitbit band. It shows a little less than reality, but it is much closer than what fitbit showed.

I walk to a coffee shop on Saturday mornings, it is about 1.5 miles from home and the fitbit showed I walked .98 miles.

I can live with that and actually prefer it over the really high fitbit numbers.

None of those damn things are accurate. Save your money.

Overpaid Union Thug

Huge differences between intensity training and volume training. You can have all of the volume in the world (marathon) and still not the same damage as somebody running half the total weekly miles (as the marathoner) but with 10-15% more intensity.
Too much is bad either way. Intensity more so. I think its better to go with moderate cardio/exercise combined with a low carb and low sugar diet. Easier to stick with too. That's what works for me anyway.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
funny-522.jpg