Whos voting "No", and why?

F

feedrman73

drooler Do you ever actually read and think about other post? You seemed to miss my point that I and others simply want UPS to have to live up to the intent of the contracts they have signed. The relationship between UPS management and all the members who actually do the work can be a harmonous one. We can have a better place to work and UPS can continue to make great profits. IF you cant understand that most of us simply want UPS to grow and therefore our oportunities to grow also.

U

upsmule

Hey feederman....that is far to logical, and makes way to much sense for the drooler! He cant't think that way because of the brain washed mentality of us against them.....harmonious? work together? You got to be kidding! Us against them.....they brought that mentality, not the union. That mentality brought the union to ups.

T

tieguy

Feederman a good post and something that needs to be said from time to time.

U

upsmule

upslocal480.....AMEN MA BROTHA! just be glad their not dickin you out of 57 a month like us up here in the local 639! It was 47 untill it dawned on them that we just may need a strike fund, so they bumped it up (JUST 7CENTS ON THE DOLLOR!)wwwwhhhhhooooooo what a bargin! That much more they can butter the palms of the democratic party with! GOD HELP US!

T

thedrooler

I didn't miss your point at all. You want harmony at work as long as you can decide what harmony entails. You can't. That is the responsibility of the people who run the company.

Drooler

H

hottdogg

if everyone thinks this contract stinks then
why will it pass.?

H

hottdogg

no one really gets together and fights the union
if we really wanted to get somewhere we should resign and vote out the teamsters.

U

upsmule

hotdog.... It will pass because...in all the parts of the country that have a very low cost of living, and poorer economy than the few others, people will overwelmingly vote yes just to keep working......and, given the state of the poorer economics of the area they may live in, ANY deal is a good one for them. Especially with the stock market as shakey as it has been, this damn war on terror....people are afraid thats why it will pass.
wink.gif

M

michael

ok2bclever

What you call the "old bogeyman" is alive and well, all you need to look at is the companies that are going down at this time. Please do not think that these are the "old days" of the company can never go out of business. There are plenty of companies that have been around a long time that can no longer make it. That, my friend is an undisputable fact. In the next 30 years I hope UPS continues to let everyone know that they to could be one of those companies unless they keep a close eye on the $$$$$$$.
By the way, I have been around UPS for almost the same 30 years that you have.

To address your statement.

You are not really looking for credibility if you think anyone here truly believes UPS is in danger of going out of business.

See the above.

Then you say.

The point on limits was mainly to point out there were limits. But if you think UPS was pushed to the edge you are dreaming. I am more than willing to pour over the stats if you can give me deciding control of what to do with them. Didnt think so.

Well my friend, the numbers are a matter of public record, I need not pour over anything with you. You seem like an intelligent person, read them, and then tell me why you think there is so much room for more to be given. And if you think I have the power to give you control to decide what to do with what monies there are well, I can only tell you that I cannot. If I could I doubt that I would anyway. I stand on my statement of

Why do you think that? Have you seen, analyzed, or audited the companys balance sheet and books? Have you forecasted future expenses? Projected future earnings? I would be interested in what your idea is on what the limit is or would be.

I dont see ANYTHING in your response that DIRECTLY addresses that point, you are very good at making general responses but I see NOTHING factual that directly substantiates your position. I have looked at the numbers I know that the company is profitable;(I will not burden others with the blow by blow description of the balance sheet) I believe that the company is being fiscally responsible by offering a fair wage increase and all other things that were included in the contract proposal. I also believe that they will continue to be fiscally responsible by accounting for the future expenses that will be incurred. Based on their projected future earnings and expenses I can see nothing that would make me think I was (in your words) dreaming If you see that my interpretation is flawed, I would be interested to hear your facts as to why.

(Message edited by michael on August 27, 2002)

(Message edited by michael on August 27, 2002)

U

upslocal480

"You earn what you get."

pkgcartiny.gif
Oh this guy HAS to be management. So typical. LMAO!

M

michael

ok2bclever..

Remember my comment.

What you call the "old bogeyman" is alive and well, all you need to look at is the companies that are going down at this time. Please do not think that these are the "old days" of the company can never go out of business. There are plenty of companies that have been around a long time that can no longer make it.

I made that statement on Aug. 27. I had no idea what was happening with CF at the time. It does, however, validate my point. Just ask the teamsters that showed up for work and found out that they had no job.

I was waiting for your response to my other direct questions as well but I never saw one.

Michael