Why are the negotiations so private?

....and that is certainly their prerogative.

All I'm saying is that they have a choice, a choice they pay for.
This choice is a simple "yes" or "no" answer, but they seem to prefer to not answer at all....

All we are doing here is kicking around ideas, in hopes of making a little sense, out of nonsense.
Where is my retro check.... That's all everyone is going to be worried about.

bowhnterdon

Have you seen the language ?

Then again, if it's voted in that's the contract.

The company can't force someone to bid the job. If you don't like it.... don't bid it.

-Bug-
So if we vote it down, they will re-negotiate? I mean, Teamsters would never enforce something the members voted down.. right?

wilberforce15

For the most part they are a disposable work force and only care about the now and not tomorrow.

So, you're asking them to have taken a $10-11/hr job with no benefits or days off, and expecting them all to become active in the union and hang around and vote, on the possibility their work may pay off with a few extra bucks at some point in the future that may not involve them being here? And they're supposed to do this when they can do less work for the same or more money right down the street?

Why don't you just give them the inflation-adjusted equivalent of what you got and stop blaming the victim.

Your Local, let that happen ?

Mine is the same.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why don't you just give them the inflation-adjusted equivalent of what you got and stop blaming the victim.
Uh, ok, inflation adjusted that would be roughly $9.50 to start, $10.50 after 90 days. Wasn't enough 6 years ago, not enough now.

Oddly, it's part timers that are their own worst enemy, complaining about catch up raises. I have no problem with their pay being raised despite the fact that I was underpaid when I started.....

Uh, ok, inflation adjusted that would be roughly $9.50 to start, $10.50 after 90 days. Wasn't enough 6 years ago, not enough now.

Oddly, it's part timers that are their own worst enemy, complaining about catch up raises. I have no problem with their pay being raised despite the fact that I was underpaid when I started.....
And you are way overpaid now....

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Can anyone shed some light on this issue? It is my belief that if our money (union dues) pay these elected officials, we should have a detailed transcript of the acutal meetings... like what the union is asking for and what the company is offering. The only thing I’ve found about the negotiations on ups uprising is vague to say the least. Why so secret? Why do they want to keep us in the dark? Why do we allow it?

Hoffa Jr. only likes to :censored2: his members in the dark!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Sounds real fine ,but the fact is the starting wage for a preloader has risen $1/hr in 36 years. 1982 $9/hr. 2018 $10.35/hr. How much has your wage gone up in that time?
My god. Who cares about the starting wage? He gets what he gets because he and his peers vote. I would have traded the front end bump (that will be minimum wage anyway) for a higher end top out. But that’s the problem with not looking beyond today.
“I can give you one cookie right now, or 3 cookies tomorrow?”
Guess what happened?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Where is my retro check.... That's all everyone is going to be worried about.
Be like
889691DA-0D64-4AE5-9157-33CC2544A431.gif
lmfao. Smh.